Alright… here goes!
About 12:30am I wake up to nurse Thomas. Since he is the only one up, I lay in the bed to nurse him (ah, I remember the days!), and then Matt puts him back to bed.
6:45am: I wake to crying babies and nurse them on the couch at about 6:50. The other kiddos wake up while I’m nursing. This is my cup of water:
By 7:15 I’m back in bed with James and Joanna for some snuggles. Eventually they leave me for some breakfast and I fall blissfully back asleep while Matt’s on duty.
9:30 (wahoo!!): I wake up and nurse the babies. This is my 9:30 wake up face:
Matt warms up some oatmeal for me and I eat while I’m feeding the babes. We have much larger bowls in the house, but he hasn’t quite grasped that I need the BIGGEST one. :)
After settling the babies somewhere else (Matt’s arms?), I get online to order birth certificates for the babies. Matt’s company has sent a letter that they need a bazillion documents to verify we’re all his dependents, and I need to get on that! I rifle through the file cabinet and discover I never ordered one for James either so that’s $66 all at once for the three certificates. Ouch! They should be here in plenty of time for the arbitrary date in the middle of April chosen as the deadline.
I then wrapped up our gift for my cousin’s baby shower. Yay!!
At 11:00, the babies went down for a nap, and Matt and James headed to the barber shop. I jumped in the shower and then helped the girls pick out clothes.
The babies were up at 11:50, and I nursed them at noon. The guys came home around this time, freshly trimmed.
Snuggles after nursing:
I fixed lunch for the family, then sat down to eat mine and top off the boys at 1pm.
At 1:30 I finished getting ready and took a selfie in the mirror. :)
Then I brushed Natalie’s hair. I love this picture. :)
At 1:45 the girls and I were ready to head out the door – aren’t we cute?!
When we got to my grandma’s house at 2:00, Natalie took one look at all the people inside and tried to leave. Ha! It took her quite some time to warm up to the event, poor shy girl!
Christiana had asked me to take pictures at her shower, so I have five million, but I’m only going to post a couple here. :)
We are SO EXCITED for baby Drew to be born!
I took a bunch of pictures, ate a bunch of strawberries dipped in the chocolate fountain, and had a great time! At 2:35, Christiana started opening presents, and of course I couldn’t believe the tiny clothes, even though it’s only been four months for us. :)
Before we left I got a shot of Aunt Christiana with the nieces: Joanna, Natalie, and Jade. So cute!
I was IN SHOCK, but the babies had a marathon nap and didn’t need me that whole time. Go figure; they never nap like that for me anymore!!
We headed home about 4:15, and by 4:30, I was trading Matt a piece of his favorite kind of cake for baby Thomas.
Cutest little tired, chubby face in the universe? I think so!
I sat down to nurse both boys and sent Matt to Kroger for some steaks. I thought about waiting to grill until Sunday, but it looked like rain and I was craving steak and sweet potatoes on the grill too much to chance it.
By 5:05, Matt was back home to take charge of the babies and I was prepping the sweet potatoes.
I washed ‘em.
Then I nuked ‘em for 3 minutes to make them easier to slice. Sweet potatoes are hard! This time I opted to keep the skins on since we’d never done that before, but I would like to go on record to say they’re considerable better without. :)
All chopped up and covered in olive oil and garlic. YUM!
Dinner before cooking. Matt loooooooves Bush’s baked beans, and even though I’m not totally convinced they’re food, it makes for a lovely treat sometimes.
By 5:30 the food was prepped, the babies were “playing,”
and Matt was grilling dinner!
At 5:45 I got the babies changed into jammies.
They’re so stinkin’ cute. Michael above; Thomas below.
Then I topped them off before putting them to bed about 6:15. That was a little earlier than I typically like them to be down for the night, but some days just work out that way.
At 6:30 dinner was served! Dinner after:
It was SO GOOD, and I even had some left over!
By 7:05 we were all finished eating, and I had cleaned the kitchen.
At 7:30 I was sitting at the table, looking through pictures and writing this list. Matt was reading to the kids before bed.
At 8:00, the kids went to bed and Matt went out to clean his grill.
He and I had ice cream and watched television. We didn’t get to bed until 10:30. That’s late for me, but it’s often so hard to get off the couch in the evening, especially if I’m getting a foot rub!
The eighth has fallen on a Saturday the last two months, so I wouldn’t exactly say these posts have been indicative of my actual life. They are probably more interesting though. :)
And for the record, I am aware that I started this post writing in present tense and ended it writing in past tense. It is simply too much work to change, so I’m leaving it. Sorry if any of my grammar teachers happen upon this. :)
No comments:
Post a Comment