Sunday, March 23, 2014

Bluebonnets 2014!!!

The more I learn about photography, the less likely I am to intentionally take pictures at a time of day I know is going to be yucky.  What I mean is that even though I’ve taken most of our bluebonnet pictures in the past in full sun, I know that I can achieve a much better result by NOT doing that.  :)  So even though it’s harder to go in those “golden hour” times, especially with the babies, I really try to figure out a way.  That said, today was overcast, so… FREE PASS!!!  We went around 2pm, when the sun was full up in the sky but it was diffused by a lovely cloud cover – yay!

And since we went on a Sunday, Daddy got to come with us for the first time!  This was actually one of the last pictures I took, as evidenced by the silly faces and the crying Thomas.  He was DONE.

IMG_1918

Momma and her brood.  I can just about hold the babies on my hips now; they’re getting pretty good core control.  I am gonna have some serious arm muscles at the end of their babyhood, I tell ya.  :)

IMG_1914

I started off with a group shot of the kiddos when we first got there.  It’s my favorite, so I’m saving it for the end of this post though.  :)

I got a sweet close-up of Thomas before everyone stood up.  His sweet Natalie was holding him.

IMG_1876

But this is really how he felt about the whole event.

IMG_1877

Then I took individual shots of everyone.

IMG_1880 1

Sweet James, 3 years old.

IMG_1883IMG_1889

Beautiful Natalie, 5 years old.

IMG_1890IMG_1893

Wait a minute… WHEN DID THIS HAPPEN?!

IMG_1896

That’s better… here’s Joanna.  I don’t know who that giant 7 year old grown up human being up there is.

I’m pretty sure Michael thought I was crazy, but he rolled with it.  The babies are almost 5 months old.

IMG_1902

Thomas trusted me less than his brother.  He looks okay here…

IMG_1905

But this is how he really felt about it.  :)

IMG_1906[7]

And who can blame him, the pollen was NASTY!

Here’s my favorite of all my sweet children --

IMG_1874 5x7

Don’t the babies look THRILLED?!

I cropped this one and ran a little “boost” action on it.  And the first one of James all by himself I fixed the exposure on, but all the other pics are not edited.  They’re blogged though!

I love having pictures every year in the bluebonnets – it’s the Texan thing to do!

No comments:

Post a Comment