I think these two are the most gorgeous, precious, amazing creatures I have ever laid eyes on.
Nope. I know they are.
There's some dress-up fun sprinkled throughout this post.
I don't know what it is exactly, but I love it.
Those are Daddy's socks.
My sweet butterfly, Natalie!

Trying on our RenFest costumes at home.
Had to get a shot of the back as well.
And of course, Joanna had to admire herself in the mirror!
Before the festival, I was debating on whether to take the sit-n-stand or the wagon. I just couldn't decide! We decided to try out Natalie in the wagon on the "rough terrain" of our backyard. Technically, they don't recommend the wagons (even though there are seat belts) until 18mos, but Natalie was very stable.
I don't know what it is exactly, but I love it.
I think Joanna actually managed to pull her a couple of feet!
Awwwwwww...
Random nature shot:
I am constantly amazed by that rose plant. I neglect it terribly, and yet it still blooms. Imagine what it could do if I paid it any attention at all...
Another fashion experiment:
Natalie's size 12mos jeans and shirt and Mommy's shoes. (She's finishing up a banana, if you're curious about her expression.)
Tonight I made stir-fry. Ingredients (in the order I added them, not in the order of amount or anything): olive oil, garlic, chicken thighs, carrots, broccoli, yellow squash, cabbage, brown rice, soy sauce.
Before I added the soy sauce, I took a portion out:
Then, with the help of my strong husband (I could've done it; it was just easier for him :)), I ground it up in the food mill.
Cool, huh?!
I added a little apple sauce to it for moisture; it was pretty dry for Miss Natalie. She's to the point where I could have pretty much just cut up everything into bites for finger food, but she got more of it this way, and it was fun! She liked it a lot. The applesauce was just handy, but I could've added a bunch of things to give it more of a "stage 3" baby food texture: another puree, yogurt, milk, maybe even just water. Yum! I love that she's eating more and more of what we're eating. I'm trying to keep as much salt and such as I can out of her food; she likes it plain, and it's healthiest that way!
No comments:
Post a Comment