Antibiotics
Yogurt
Cranberry juice
Lots of water
Salt water to gargle
I have a sore throat that's not strep (thank goodness!) and is getting a little better every day. I also have a bladder infection (sorry if that's TMI). The doctor first thought I had strep and a bladder infection, but there are no broad spectrum antibiotics I can take right now! I'm allergic to the penicillans. When I was a kid, I got hives from Augmentin, and nobody wants to risk anything worse happening now. Many meds are also unsafe for nursing babies, so I guess that takes out any others I'd be able to take. He also didn't want to throw two specific antibiotics at me because that's a sure-fire way to get a yeast infection (ick!) and who wants to be taking TWO antibiotics?! Anyway, he did a strep test and found it negative, so my swollen tonsils are likely just from drainage and junk. That's good -- I can just treat my symptoms. I'm supposed to be upping my fluid intake a bunch for the bladder infection, but it's hard to swallow!
I feel a little like I'm falling apart. I know it could be so much worse, but I think my immune system has taken a major hit this year. Before this spring, I had probably taken antibiotics once, maybe twice since I was a little kid. Since this spring, I've had FOUR ROUNDS of antibiotics. Seriously?! So my goal now is bulk up my immune system again. I'm think regular massages, pedicures, and girls nights out are the cure for that, right?
:)
Thanks for listening to me complain a little. I feel better.
No comments:
Post a Comment