Sunday, October 11, 2009

Mostly Today, but Yesterday, too.

These first two are from last night. I picked up a pair of footie PJs at Baby Daze for Joanna, even though footie PJs are exactly practical for 2 1/2 year olds. I thought they might be nice for cooler nights, and I figured (rightly so) that she would love wearing PJs like her sister. Natalie in her PJs (couldn't be bothered to look at the camera -- very busy learning how to change channels).

Last night I worked on cleaning out/organizing my bathroom which hadn't been done in Natalie's entire life. Things just kept piling up in there and it was gross. Also, for many months we've all been showering and getting ready in the other bathroom, and I'm about ready to move back into the master. The major reason we "moved out" was because we didn't want to disturb Natalie. When she was really little, she was usually sleeping with me in the mornings we Matt was getting ready and she and I both were very disturbed by the bathroom light. Even now, she usually ends up in our room in the early morning, and it's just easier to get ready someplace else. We have a pack 'n play in our room where Natalie typically finishes her night from 5 or 6 on as well as naps. I'm ready to move back though becuase I find that I very rarely actually use the time when she's sleeping to get ready! Also, I'm working on making my bedroom child-friendly again. I sort of like the idea (dream) of having a "sanctuary" -- a no-kid zone, but it just isn't practical for us! I want the girls to be able to follow me in there and entertain themselves (safely!) while I put on make-up, change clothes, whatever. Wow, really long, rambling paragraph just to say I found these costume jewelry bracelets and I gave them to Joanna this morning. She was SO EXCITED.
Somehow the girls ended up being dressed similarly this morning, and I just had to get pictures!
I would have taken more, but I was very VERY nervous about Natalie doing a face-plant on these concrete/metal stairs. Yikes!
Our friend Amy Creamer was walking past and insisted on taking a picture of all of us -- thank you, Amy!
Amazingly, we're all kind of match-y. I just love how that works out sometimes without one single plan for it. :)
Back at home...
Have I mentioned that child LOVES to dress up?! I'm thinking a trip a trip to the thrift store may be in order for some slightly large, slightly extravegant clothes for her to play in.
We discovered (after she had a particularly fussy morning in the nursery) that Miss Natalie is sick today. When I dropped her off, I swear I thought she was fine. She had a slightly runny nose, but I figured that was due to weather change and her maybe being a little cold. Poor thing is now all raspy in her chest and she has a fever. :(
Anyway, that's why Matt is snapping peas in this picture.
Natalie needed me so Matt snapped peas.
After I discovered Natalie had a fever, I gave her some Tylenol and a little Baby Mozart and she started to feel better. Joanna and I left Daddy and Natalie to go feed and walk David's dog.
Is my daughter stinkin' beautiful, or what?
Joanna and I took Didi for a walk, got her to poop! (the purpose of the walk), and fixed her some dinner. Then we got all buckled in the car to discover it wouldn't start. (Some of you may remember it does this from time to time.) I was parked behind a working car in David's driveway, but that didn't help. I called Matt so he could come get us (not remembering I had Natalie's carseat in the van.) She was asleep on him, poor tired little sick baby. I decided to call my wonderful Vandenberge friends, thinking it might not be too difficult for one of them to come rescue us (and they already had a Joanna-sized carseat strapped in their car!) Lisa and Anna headed right over, and pulled up about 2 minutes after I started the car. I wouldn't have even tried, but Matt called and told me to. He'd been praying for it to start. I started in on the whole, "Well, you know God doesn't always answer yes..." business, never dreaming the car would start. I should just shut-up and listen to my husband. God has been telling me that a lot lately. I really really should just do it! I came home to this:
Wow.
Matt left for Financial Peace pretty much right after that, so the girls and I had dinner by ourselves. I packed Matt a quick snack, don't worry.
See this tray? She ate about this much... three times. I love that sometimes we can all eat the same thing! It was good, too. Baked chicken, green beens, and rolls. Yum. Stay tuned for a 9 month post from my Natalie!
Thank you, Vandenberge's for coming to rescue us!

1 comment:

  1. That picture of all 4 of you is great! So sorry that Natalie is sick:( Hopefully, it will pass soon!

    ReplyDelete