Saturday, October 3, 2009

The Girls

Joanna just may be potty trained! She is so good about stopping whatever she's doing to go use the potty. We've just been doing panties at home, but we're about to go cold-turkey tomorrow! She even wore panties and kept them dry at nap time today. I'm so proud of her! Anytime she's in a diaper or pull-ups she pees in them without thinking about it, but she very rarely has an accident in her underwear.

Natalie is eating finger food like there's no tomorrow. She LOVES to feed herself. Yesterday she had peas and carrots with lunch and pork chops and green beans for dinner. She's a big fan of all her grains: toast, puffs, Cheerios, and such. She would much rather feed herself than let me feed her, but some things are just too hard for finger foods!

I've started making Natalie's rice cereal. I don't know why I never did it before! It's very easy, and soooooooo much cheaper than the boxed stuff. It's not quite as convenient, I guess, but close. For rice, basically you just grind the dry rice, then cook it much like you would oatmeal. It's even freeze-able. I froze one batch in ice cube trays. I just reheat it in the microwave and add a little more liquid to it (applesauce, juice, water...). It's pretty gummy right out of the fridge or freezer. I think it has more flavor than the boxed stuff. It's much like grits. Is that what grits are, does anybody know? Nope, just looked it up -- grits are made from corn. Still... similar. I also made mashed potatoes for the first time today. (I know... sad; don't tell my grandma:) ). They turned out great! Everybody liked them, including Natalie. I think I may need to add some more "stuff" next time.

2 comments:

  1. cannot believe you've never made mashed poptatoes!! they're really goodwith garlic salt in them, or powdered ranch mix and cheddar!

    oh, and if you figure out a good way to get joanna to poop in the potty, please let me know... josh still flat out refuses!! good for joanna, though!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. yeah for joanna!!! i hope she'll be a good influence on anna to avoid accidents (and not the other way around!!)

    ReplyDelete