Matt had to work some on Christmas Eve, but Kathryn and Patrick were here! We decided to skip the morning children's service at KUMC because of Joanna's fever. It was day 2 of the mystery fever. It went away that evening, and she really was fine.

We did a little shopping before lunch and nap. Kathryn wanted to get the girls each an outfit. We picked out cute matchy dresses -- I'll post a pic when they wear them.
Matt came home that afternoon early (yay!) and we all got ready to go to church. Poor Joanna hasn't napped in her bed all week. Things have just been so crazy I've let her "cheat" and take snuggle naps, often late in the day. We're going to have a rough week coming up, I think, getting back on track... oh, well!
We ate a quick dinner and got ready to leave the house at about 6:00.
Cheese-ball smile:

(side note: Joanna is actually wearing a onesie under this. Randomly, we had an off-white 3T onesie that was perfect... you know, except for those crotch snaps on the girl who is potty trained. :) My plan was to cut and hem the shirt (or convince my mother to) but I forgot/ran out of time. I just left them unsnapped; it worked.)
Natalie was wearing one of Joanna's dresses from last year!

We went to the 7:00 service because I was singing with Sola Gratia (new name for the Women's Ensemble). The girls made it through THE WHOLE SERVICE, I couldn't believe it. At first, I was a little bummed I couldn't see my family when I was sitting in the choir loft, but then I decided it would have just made me anxious!
It was a beautiful service, and we managed to get a family picture in the Sanctuary before we headed home.
No comments:
Post a Comment