Wednesday, December 2, 2009

Funny story

This first part's not funny, it's just back story. I recently got a letter from a retirement investment company and discovered I have a little money in an 457 (b) from when I was teaching. Because I'm taking Financial Peace, I did not have to google what the heck that was. It's like a 401K... anyway, I called them today to see what I needed to do to roll it into an IRA. This lady answers the phone and I say (quickly, while trying to convince Joanna NOT to bang on things at that exact moment), "My name is Jessica Pence, I used to be Jessica Cooksey..." She interrupts with "no way. No way your name is Jessica Cooksey." It sounded a little like she was having a bad day and making fun of me for some unknown reason. Then she said, "My last name is Cooksey. My daughter is Jessica Cooksey." So, SMALL WORLD! We're pretty sure we're totally unrelated, but Cooksey isn't exactly common, so it was a pretty neat coincidence. I just checked howmanyofme.com, and there are just 19 people named Jessica Cooksey in the US (probably doesn't include me). Cool!

No comments:

Post a Comment