Saturday, December 19, 2009

Way better than sitting on Santa's lap

We stopped by the Live Nativity at Good Shepherd last night. Joanna was soooo excited to go. "We'll see Mary, and Joseph, and the wise men, and the shepherds, and the sheep...." She couldn't wait!
I hadn't been since I was a kid so I didn't remember much about it. We got to pet a camel! This one's name was Sahara, or something like that. She was very sweet. Joanna decided she was brave enough to pet her a little.
Couldn't forget to take Natalie's picture, too. Natalie is just not fazed by animals, even giant camels.
Here's the whole crew up after the story was finished. I liked how they put it together. My only issue (and I'm not complaining or argueing or anything) is that Mary and Joseph were played by little kids. It just didn't do it for me... or for Joanna either. She was expecting to see "drome-ups" (grown-ups).

St. Nicholas was there, too. I liked how they told the story of how that legend got started.

We petted the animals some more before leaving.
Like I said -- not fazed by animals at all. She even reached out and touched this little goat.

We had fun! If anyone close-by is reading this, they're doing it again tonight (at 6:30, 7:00, and 7:30) but that's it. I would recommend it!
KUMC is also doing a live Nativity Sunday morning that I'm very excited about.

No comments:

Post a Comment