Monday, November 8, 2010

Homework is Hard

Joanna had homework this week, and because she is three, that meant I was really in charge of it.  And true to my procrastination self, “we” waited until the night before it was due to get it done.  :)

She was given a picture of a turkey that needed to be disguised in order to make it through Thanksgiving.  It was to be disguised in some way that was unique to our family.  I couldn’t really think of a unique and cool thing about us (as far as disguising turkeys goes), but a few ideas came to mind.  I thought about dressing him up as an alien or an officer from Star Trek, but I thought that might be a little hard to get and Joanna’s not as into Star Trek as I am, of course.  Then I thought about doing a Nascar driver or train engineer, but I wasn’t sure we’d be able to convey that on paper.  A friend suggested a baby, which is totally where we are right now!  I thought about that one, but Gran suggested a lady bug (which is what Joanna was for Halloween) and Joanna was very excited about that idea.  It was also easy to pull off.

Thanks Candice, for reminding me to take pictures to blog!

First Joanna colored it.  I only gave her red and black crayons, so that’s what colors the turkey would end up.  :)

PB080478

Then I cut it out for her and let her glue it on the paper.  I also cut out some shapes for the ladybug out of construction paper: red wings, black dots, legs, and antenna.

PB080479

She glued them on herself where she wanted them, with only a little encouragement from me.

PB080480

I put dots on the spots because I don’t trust her with Elmer’s.  She’s messy.

PB080481 PB080482

She got a little tired of the whole thing part way though.

PB080483 PB080484 PB080485

Finally, all finished!

PB080486

It’s in her bag and will go to school tomorrow!

1 comment:

  1. I'm very impressed with this! Way to go!! The ladybug was a perfect idea, and it turned out sooo cute!

    ReplyDelete