We are always very blessed to have two Thanksgiving celebrations (that I do NOT have to host), but this year we get to enjoy each one for a whole day instead of just a few hours. We’re so lucky!!
This was actually the day before “Thanksgiving.” James had crashed on my legs and Natalie was snuggled up in my lap. It was cute. :)
At Grandma’s house on Saturday… eating celery? What!?
James, crashed out on Gran, who is enjoying her new iPad!
But then he got booted out so the girls could play. :)
Joanna, Jade, and Natalie had a lot of fun running up and down the driveway with Aunt Gail!
Here Kim is checking the progress of Steve’s whipped cream.
The traditional fruit salad. This is the hugest bowl EVER.
Look what I made! Homemade pumpkin dinner rolls. Unless everyone was lying to me, they were a big hit! You can find the recipe here if you like.
Susie Homemaker – actually my cousin Theresa.
Our resident pastor, Uncle Steve reading a devotion before dinner.
Two really cute girls eating Thanksgiving dinner!
Last year was Natalie’s 1st Thanksgiving. Never would I have thunk that this year would be another 1st Thanksgiving for the Pence family!
In the middle is my grandma’s pecan pie – probably my favorite thing about Thanksgiving. On the right is my Aunt Ida’s fruitcake. You seriously cannot stop eating this once you start. And on the left is a peanut butter cookie, along for the ride, on it’s way to Matt. :)
James… asleep again.
Look at his little turkey outfit!
Got a little tryptophan, did we?
There are even turkeys on the socks!! Thank you Candice for passing down his Thanksgiving duds!
Joanna likes the pie too!
Natalie finally crashed on Aunt Pat. I figured she would find some place to snuggle up for a nap, even though it wasn’t until about 5:00!
She took a good little nap, but still went to bed okay that night!
When Aunt Pat had to leave, I took over the Natalie holding. It was a terrible job you know, but someone had to do it!
Look at that precious face!!
Here we are scrambling around to get a group picture. I will have to get the actual picture from someone else.
Our most senior generation: Aunt Pat, Grandma, and Uncle Val.
I love how Natalie can amuse herself. She’s playing with a rubber band ball.
Kara is on the floor, entertaining all the little ones. They were rolling a ball around.
Aunt Gail gave the girls manicures. They were very excited!
Stay tuned for “Day 2.” We always celebrate over two days at Grandma’s house – lots of food to eat and people to visit with!!
How long did I fall asleep...it's Thanksgiving still two days away??? -Aunt Kathryn
ReplyDeleteHappy Thanksgiving Pence Family! Those pictures of Baby James in Paul David's old outfit made my heart happy! So, so cute!!!! Sounds like a wonderful, fun family celebration!
ReplyDelete