I was out shopping this evening at Toys R Us, just casually strolling through the store (all by myself!), when I happened upon this:
I stopped short, had a flashback to my childhood, and stood there for several minutes, staring…
They are wildly overpriced at $23.99 for 5 figures.
But I felt all warm and fuzzy inside. I sure do love Smurfs.
So when I came home, I dug out this bin:
And in it, I found these:
The real deal, from about 1984. Fourteen Smurfs, including a few Smurfettes and even one Papa Smurf. :)
I’ve carried these little guys around for many years. They’re sitting on the coffee table now, but I think they’re about to just end up back in the bin. A time capsule of sorts.
Anybody else have odd things from their childhood still stashed away?
Going through the box, I also found these:
Kathy, do you remember them?
Ah the things we hold on to.
Jess, I saw the frog pic before I saw your caption and totally thought the same thing!! Hahaha! I still have mine, too, though some are missing eyes. I actually still have almost all my frogs and dolls from my childhood, as well as some barbies, my little ponies, and my favorite stuffed animals (some of which sleep with my children at night!). I think it's so weird that our stuff from our childhood is coming back as "retro". Seems so wrong!
ReplyDeleteI have all the smurf episodes on DVD, if you want to borrow it you can.
ReplyDelete