For the record:
First Day 2007
First Day 2008
First Day 2009
First Day 2010
They’re cute. Check ‘em out. :)
We got ready in enough time to head outside for some official “Back to School” pictures.
James did not want to stop gazing with adoration at his big sister.
It was really cute except, you know, I wanted him to look at ME! (I have no idea what Natalie’s is smiling so sweetly at!)
Now he’s looking, but Joanna has a serious fake smile, and Natalie’s looking at James. :)
Now Joanna’s not looking!
AHHHHHHH!!!
Wait! There are all the faces!
And again!! (I was doing something very silly.) I think this one’s the best of the bunch:
Just for kicks, I told them all to look down.
Then at James. :)
Man those kids are cute!
We piled in the car and drove to the church! I brought the double stroller in basically for all the stuff! Joanna can carry her own. Natalie wants to, but with the lunch it’s too much. I’m sure James could, but I won’t let him try. :) (Ha! I think his bag is as big as he is!)
I forgot to take a picture of Natalie when I dropped her off (BAD Mommy!), but she went right in and started playing. Joanna was all, “Don’t you want to give Mommy hugs and kisses?” It was cute.
Then we went across the gym and down the hall to Joanna’s room. Here she is pulling out her snack and water bottle (all while turning around to give me the obligatory smile).
Quality wise, a terrible picture, but it’s so sweet!
Then we went down the hall, across the sidewalk, (over the river, through the woods), and down another hall to James’ room! I was trying to take a picture of the two of us, but I managed to catch James’ new favorite activity. He has discovered that his tiny finger fits just perfectly into his tiny nostril. It’s pretty hilarious.
Then Miss Debbie took one of us. You can see he’s beginning to figure out what’s about to happen.
And of course he cried. But that didn’t stop me from skipping down the hallway with my empty stroller.
Heartless?
I think not.
It’s 1:00 now. I have one hour, in which I just may lay down, before I need to leave and get the kids (four of them!) But I’m pretty pleased with my day’s off activities. I have cleaned the bathroom, vacuumed almost all the house, fixed and eaten lunch with no moochers, met with Theresa (my co-director) to get ready for Children’s Choir, cleaned the playroom, made the beds, done a load of laundry, loaded the dishwasher, and written this blog post.
Ahhhhhhhhh…
It has been really really nice to have this day at home alone. I won’t have this every week, but even just every now and then is so so nice! (I think I’m subbing in a toddler class next week – wahoo cute one year olds!)
so that's life without a child attached to your hip. AHHH sounds good
ReplyDelete