Tuesday, September 7, 2010

First Day of School

Today was the girls’ first day at SLC/MDO for the fall. I officially have one preschooler – can you believe it?!

We were running just a tad behind this morning, so I didn’t get much in the way of a real photo shoot, but I caught a few cute pics! The girls actually slept in a little (of course!) so we were up just a little later than normal.

Both girls in the car, ready to go!

P9073195

At the church, I made them stand in the parking lot so I could get some “Back to School” pictures.

Look at this face. Could she get away with ANYTHING or what?

P9073197

P9073199

Natalie was not really into looking at Mommy and smiling. She LOVES this backpack (which may mean it’s going to be retired in favor of something more boring that doesn’t make her cry when she has to put it away).

P9073200 P9073201

The best I got of the two of them. Oh well!

P9073203

Joanna outside her room. Look at this face! It’s kind of a grimace, but I know that’s not how she was feeling. She may have been done with pictures and ready to just go to school already. Her teachers are Miss Patty and Miss Shawna.

P9073204 P9073205

Natalie was crying at this point because I made her leave the gym to go over to her class. Yet again, my children are in separate buildings across campus from each other.

Natalie has Miss Anne and Miss Joan (that Joanna had two years ago). She went right in with her little backpack (but didn’t want to give it up to Miss Anne!) and didn’t seem sad when I left. I was a little sad because I realized then that I’d left her nap mat at home!! Ahhhhh!!!

P9073207

Fortunately my very wonderful mother went to my house, got the nap mat, and dropped it off at the church. Phew! I could have missed a little bit of staff meeting to go get it, but I’m glad I didn’t have to!

I know the girls are having wonderful times. It’s so wonderful to be able to miss them a little. Absence makes the heart grow fonder sometimes. I’m a little worried about Natalie who is pretty scared of thunder and storms. It’s one of those kinds of days. I hope she naps for them…

I’m working on my strategies to get information out of Joanna about her day. I often get “I didn’t do anything.” out of her. I’m actually considering bribing her with M&M's as a last resort. I really want to know how her day went!

No comments:

Post a Comment