Tuesday, September 8, 2009

First Day of School!

Today was both girls' first day of school for the fall. Natalie is in the infant class with Miss Debbie and Miss Mimi. Joanna is in one of the 2 year old classes with Miss Brooke and Miss Laura. They were both very excited this morning (okay, I could tell Joanna was excited; I just assumed Natalie was, too).
Trying to get a cute "ready to go to school" shot:Girl and Backpack:
Piggie Tails! She actually kept them in until she got to school and for a good part of the day, I think. I found her pony tail holders on her nap mat, so I'm thinking they may have even made it through lunch -- AMAZING!
My mom actually stopped by on her way somewhere this morning, so I got a picture with my girls!
I'm sure a lucky Momma.
Joanna likes pulling her backpack -- yay!
In her class, ready to say goodbye. She does so great when I leave her -- big girl!
Natalie's probably wondering what all the fuss is about.
So what, mom... you leave me here all the time.
Miss Suzy was helping out on the first day -- she and Natalie are buds.
I grabbed Natalie and nursed her at about 11:45ish. She'd eaten a huge lunch and was about to go down for a pretty good nap. I think I'll start sending her in pants -- it's chilly in the room! I saw all the babies in the big stroller so I know they went for a walk. Her teachers said she liked exploring the room and "meeting" her friends. What a contrast to Joanna's first day in the infant class -- Natalie seems so much older than Joanna was... even more than the 6 weeks difference that's there.
Joanna didn't nap. :( But it sounds like she had a lot of fun. She's been talking about her teachers since "meet and greet" last week. She's in a room that I actually pass by when I'm working some, so I got to peek at her once today. I don't want her to see me, but I just love getting a glimpse into her school world!
I went to two meetings, got some additional work done, delivered my computer to the computer guy, and still had a good hour to clean/pick-up my house. It was a good day!
Joanna was manic this afternoon from her no-nap day. What I wouldn't give for just 1/967th of her energy! She crashed about 6:30 or so into a mash of sadness and grumpyness and clingyness. We got her to bed as quickly as possible. Natalie crashed in the car about 6pm for a quick snooze. She only had one proper nap today, and that's very slim for her, even if it was an hour and 10 minutes! I think we'll have to figure out how to squeeze in one more little cat nap for Natalie on school days. She'll survive, I think! I'm just really hoping that Joanna not napping at school won't affect her naps at home. She's had incredible (or at least present) naps all summer, and I know it's been because we're sticking to essentially the same daily schedule. I just don't think she's going to nap at school (I haven't given up all hope though), but if she'll nap the other 5 days of the week, I think it will be okay. Her little body just isn't ready for no-naps-ville yet, and 2:30 is too late for her to come home and nap, especially after having "rested" on her nap mat at school. Enough rambling from me -- I guess I just needed to "talk."
I have more cute pics of the girls to share, maybe I'll be doing it from my computer soon!

No comments:

Post a Comment