Saturday, October 15, 2011

Azure Order

I had a big order that came in Tuesday from my co-op.  The exciting part was that I got to pick it up all by myself while the kids were at school!

I ordered 25lbs of sucanat.

IMG_3185

Isn’t it beautiful?

IMG_3189

I used it, and some of my 20lbs of peaches, to make some jam!

IMG_3181

It would have been a very fun process to blog, but I didn’t take a single picture of the process.  I had too much going on!  I canned seven half-pints, and then put up eight more in the freezer.  I still have some peaches in the fridge, we’ve also eaten a bunch, and I sliced up a few for the freezer.

IMG_3182

I cooked up a big pot of my apples (skins on – so easy!) and made three quarts of applesauce.

IMG_3183

I may do some more applesauce with the rest of my apples or I might so something a little more wild like apple butter.  Or some pie filling.  Mmmmm…  I’m going to have to finish up the peaches pretty quick – in the next couple of days, but the apples will last a bit more time in the fridge.  I need to get through James’ birthday!

No comments:

Post a Comment