On Friday the girls and I took James for his one year check-up with Dr. Harper.
His stats are written below in brown crayon, except he’s actually 28 and 7/8in long; I didn’t remember when I wrote it down. (And I’m kind of thinking that the height limit on his car seat is 29 inches. Umm… I should probably check that out.)
Joanna wanted to write James’ name so I spelled it for her.
Wahoo!! I’m thinking we need to work on M, but I’m still so proud of her!
And of course we had to take two trips to the bathroom while we were waiting.
I’m not sure, but I think this may be the first time I’ve had to strap a kid in to one of those things. :)
Dr. Harper proclaimed James “practically perfect!” Well, he may have said something more along the lines of “clean bill of health,” but we all know what he really meant.
For grins, here are links to the girls’ one year check-up blog posts. Joanna weighed less. Natalie weighed more. :)
James had three shots, given by our friend Pam, who’s a nurse at the office. She told him not to hold it against her when she sees him at church. :) Because of our insurance we have to use the lab not conveniently located at the doctor’s office, so he hasn’t had his blood work done yet. Matt tried to take him Saturday morning, but there were nine thousand people there, and I have never been to a slower medical establishment in my life than the LabCorp in Kingwood. Just sayin’. My wonderful mother is going to come over in the morning and watch the girls so hopefully I can get James in for the lab work and back home before his morning nap. I like delusions; they make me happy. I really want to avoid going with all the children. Really. A lot.
Anyway… after the appointment we had a quick bite at Culver’s because A.) we’d never been there before and B.) it was noon and we were hungry. YUM! Then we went to Wal-Mart. Then we came home. The end. :)
(And yup, James’ car seat requirements are 29 inches or less. That gives me 1/8in amount of time to find a new car seat plan.) :)
No comments:
Post a Comment