Sunday, October 30, 2011

Baby Sheep

So I’ll catch up on all my posts for the week in order (later), but I wanted to post about James’ sheep costume, which turned out really cute I think!

On Thursday Joanna’s school had a costume parade.  She was a “Southern Belle,” but a couple of people commented that she looked like Little Bo Peep.  I got to thinking that might really be fun, especially if she had her little lost sheep.  Enter James.

I love when they’re little and you get to pick the costumes.  :)

I searched on Pinterest how to make a sheep costume, and came up with a few similar instructions.  So I went for it.

assortment 148

And I only had to buy cotton balls and felt.  James had a black-sleeved shirt, and he borrowed Natalie’s black tights from last year.  :)

I happened to have a white onesie in the next size up that had seen better days, so I cut off the sleeves, and glued the raw edges inside with craft glue.  Then I glued just over 300 cotton balls to the onesie.

IMG_3516

I also managed to find a white baby hat that could still be crammed onto James’ head.  I cut out some sheep ears from black felt and white felt and glued them on.  Matt had the brilliant idea to stitch them on as well, so they’d be harder to yank off.  :)  Then I covered the hat with another 100 or so cotton balls.  I ended up using somewhere between 400-500 (4-5 bags) of cotton balls.  James is a cotton picker, so I’ve had to replace a few since the first wearing.  :)

PA302550

If it was a bit cooler, he’d be very comfortable – those cotton balls add a lot of warmth!

Here he is with his Bo Peep, and of course, a cowgirl.

IMG_3549

2 comments:

  1. Thank you for this- I am thinking of doing Bo Peep for my daughter and a sheep for my son. This looks very easy and soooo cute! I found you on Pinterest.

    ReplyDelete