Sunday, November 13, 2011

Art

Thursday was Open House up at the School for Little Children, and I went by myself.  I had Sola Gratia rehearsal right after so it would have been tough to have all or some of the family along.  I didn’t take many pictures as I knew we’d be getting this art home next week, but I just had to shoot a picture of Joanna’s self-portrait.  Before I tell you which one is hers, you should just take a guess… for fun.  :)

PB102568

Joanna’s is the all red one.  I’m sure it’s because she was drawing what she looks like on the inside.  Brilliant!

Natalie drew some more cockroaches today, and I am really impressed. 

IMG_3664

This means that she did not just draw some scribbles on the page and proclaim it a cockroach.  She can actually sit down and draw one.  I just think that’s so amazing!  (I’m hoping I can get her to draw butterflies and puppy dogs pretty soon too, instead of just my arch nemesis.)  She’s only two and a half!  I only have Joanna to compare her to, and Joanna seems on the slow end of this kind of development.  She really doesn’t care much about drawing or writing (though that has started to kick in with this year of preschool).

I, as usual, have several things to blog about, but so little time!  Hopefully I’ll be getting some posts up soon… including Joanna’s debut in Children’s Choir!

No comments:

Post a Comment