Sunday, November 27, 2011

The other Thanksgiving Dinner

We went to Matt’s brother Mark’s house Thanksgiving afternoon for a big ol’ family meal!  Sorry I forgot to take pictures of the food before it was partially eaten…  :)

Some deliciousness: green bean casserole, mashed potatoes, sausage gravy, turkey, and zucchini pie.

IMG_3708

And some more deliciousness: more turkey and oven potatoes.  Oven potatoes are the Pence family comfort food.  Matt makes his yummy noises when he eats this.  :)

IMG_3710

And my rolls – they turned out great this time.  (I may have cheated a bit and thrown in some all purpose flour.)  I made 72 rolls, and we came home with 16.  Which are all gone by now.  :)

IMG_3709

There was also lots of pie, brownies, and cheesecake.  Mmmm mmmm mmmm mmm mmmmmm…

And now for some blurry action shots of people eating!

IMG_3711IMG_3712IMG_3719IMG_3720IMG_3721

I was playing with the settings on my camera, which is why pretty much every picture is bad, but in a different way.  :)

Thursday was also Mindy’s birthday (it was a big one!)  Here she is blowing out her candles with the help of my girlies. 

IMG_3727

I’m not really sure why I took this picture, but I like it.  :)

IMG_3729

I brought a few toys just in case, though mostly my children are entertained by their relatives.

James LOVES to put things in, take them out, stir them around, cover them up.  It’s amazing how much enjoyment he gets out of this little pot, a ball, and a spoon.

IMG_3733

Natalie practiced her typing with Mindy’s phone.  Oh that child typed and typed and typed and typed!

IMG_3736

Joanna got a little tickle torture from Uncle Steve.

IMG_3742

I can’t remember exactly what was happening here, but Joanna was running back and forth between Mindy and Steve.  (You can see Natalie is still typing.)

IMG_3746

Natalie LOVES this stuffed bobcat (I think that’s what it is?) of Uncle Mark’s.

IMG_3747IMG_3749

There is also a deer head over the fireplace, and Natalie said, “When it gets low I can touch it.”  James said “uh oh.”

A couple of different people fell asleep, and when Joanna noticed, she would tiptoe around to everyone in the room and let them know to be quiet.  It was cute.

IMG_3753

We had a FABULOUS day of much eating and time with family.  Yay Thanksgiving!

1 comment:

  1. I love that you think using all purpose flour is cheating!!!! :)

    ReplyDelete