Sunday, November 13, 2011

This is the Day

From the moment you become pregnant, there a few things you can’t wait to see your kids do, things you can envision for them.  (It’s not just me, right?)

One thing I have waited for is this day: Joanna’s first time to sing in church as part of the Children’s Choir!

You can tell from her smile that she was pretty ecstatic as well.  :)

PB132573

Above with one of her buddies Riley.

PB132574

Oh, that robe – isn’t she so cute?!!

PB132575

And how about this – a hallway full of teaches putting robes on four and five year olds.  Bless them.

PB132576

All together with the “big kids.”  They’re all just so cute!

PB132578

We had some time to spare, so decided to go ahead and lead them into the service and let them sit for a few minutes.

PB132588

Matt took pictures from the balcony.  I’m sure you can spot Joanna in the front with her wide opera mouth on.  She sings kind of with an affected voice.  It’s cute though.

PB132594

And I didn’t see her at the time, but apparently Glenda the Good Witch made an appearance this morning.  :)

PB132595

PB132596

And there she is, leaving!

PB132597

Ooohh ooohh – you can see me in this one… bottom right.  I have terrible posture.

PB132598

In this song, they get to clap and stomp a bit – you can see Joanna mid-clap.

PB132600

Those kids are just so stinkin’ cute!

PB132601PB132602PB132603PB132604PB132605

Please excuse the zillion pictures of almost exactly the same scene.  You should see how many I didn’t post.  :)  I just couldn’t choose!  The choirs did so well, and I think the congregation loved hearing them sing!

This is the day that the Lord has made,
let us rejoice and be glad in it. 
This is the day that the Lord has made. 
Let us rejoice.  Let us rejoice. 
Let us rejoice, and be glad in it. 
This is the day that the Lord has made!

No comments:

Post a Comment