Thursday, April 4, 2013

The Biggest News Ever

So today I had my first appointment with the Obgyn for this pregnancy.  Yay!  I confirmed the due date, asked about safe meds for some of my tummy troubles, had my annual exam that was due…all that kind of normal stuff. 

Then I had an ultrasound.  I wasn’t looking at the screen when the picture popped up, but I heard my doctor actually gasp.  Why, you ask?

That’s why:

IMG_2279

I’ve only ever had one baby in my uterus before.  But that, my friends, is very clearly TWO babies.

I still feel a little like I’m in a daze.  It was a most surreal experience, for sure.  I’m beyond the moon excited, but also very very very very scared.  I think that’s probably normal.

I’ve had a few thoughts about twins lately, mostly how hard I think it would be.  Ha!  And also how if I have boy girl twins I’ll be storing all my baby clothes until THE END OF TIME. 

This morning Joanna and I had a strange conversation about how she thought I was having twins because of how sick I was (this was before the ultrasound).  So she was completely NOT surprised at the news.  She even said, “I told you so.” 

1 comment:

  1. Do you remember when you were debating on buying size small diaper for James? I said you would need them for the fifth baby. So excited for you. You will do wonderful as a mother of twins. God knows you can handle it. Wow! So exciting. Good job mama pence!

    ReplyDelete