Awhile ago, James discovered the girls old Thomas the Train flip flops, and he lives in them pretty much all day every day. He was even wearing them to bed for a bit. One day, we left one at Lisa’s house (we are always leaving one shoe of somebody’s over there), so he couldn’t wear them for a few days.
Next best thing? Natalie’s pink rainbow flip flops.
Pair those with his standard uniform of pajama top and underwear, and he’s got quite the outfit. :)
I must have really had these pictures hidden well – I had forgotten about this one! They loooooove to feel the brothers move!
One day I braved taking the kids to the grocery store. I don’t mind shopping with them, but walking around the store is above and beyond difficult for me right now. Anyway… we were rewarded with being right there as the firefighters were heading back to their station. They invited the kids on the truck to look around!
Natalie said no way, but James and Joanna hopped on. I couldn’t hear them, but Joanna even talked to the fireman. Fun!
A very sweet friend brought a huge meal (and then some!) a couple of weeks ago for us to eat on for a few days. It was all beautiful, but I only took a picture of this pie. Soooooooo good! I shared a little with my family, but I definitely snacked on apple pie and glasses of milk several times over a few days. That’s practically health food, right?
A friend passed along a LOT of limes to us, and one day I realized I had lotsa limes and lotsa strawberries in the house. It was time to do something about that!
I browsed Pinterest and found a recipe for strawberry limeade. I don’t feel like hunting it down right now, but I’m sure it’s pinned on one of my boards. It wasn’t perfect; the recipe could use some tweaking. But it was fun to do!
I blended up the strawberries with my immersion blender and juiced I think three limes.
We had a density lesson when we discovered that the mashed strawberries were less dense than the lime juice, water, or simple syrup (that’s what’s making it dark since we use sucanat).
Pretty huh?!
It was a big hit with Joanna, and a mediumish hit with everyone else. I think if I’d have had Sprite, it would have been delish. :)
I think I’m going to keep going, and make this post super longer than it already is.
I recently grabbed all the pictures off my little camera that I carry around when I don’t have the big one. There is quite the assortment of fun in there. :)
The girls made James up a bed (on top of a laundry basket or bin or something) – doesn’t he look cozy?
I took the girls for haircuts (in July). James tagged along with us. The before:
James was very good about waiting for his sisters.
Natalie and Joanna each got a French brain after their trim.
No more scraggly ends!
After Joanna climbed down, it was so cute – James climbed right up in that chair even though we hadn’t come for a cut for him. He goes with Daddy to the barber and didn’t really need a cut then. I guess I should have prepped him though! Stacey was so sweet to go ahead and trim him up a bit so he could feel special too. Awwwwww…
This was at my mom’s house. She rescued a turtle from somewhere, and it was hanging out in a pen in her backyard.
The kids loved that bit of life science!
David took it to a good turtle-y kind of place later that day.
A random trip to the Chinese buffet (we love that place). The picture is to illustrate that James likes to eat his ice cream out of the cone with a spoon. He’s is the cutest. :)
And now I feel better for having cleared out the blog folder, even if it was all over the place!
No comments:
Post a Comment