Monday, September 23, 2013

Sometimes you have to scoop up all the pictures in your “To Blog” folder, and just post them, even though they are wildly not related to each other.

Natalie got herself dressed up and then this little doll dressed up, and at some point along the way realized they were very similar, so she had me take her picture.  :)  (Or I made her stop and pose, whatever.)

IMG_0850 1

Almost two weeks ago, Joanna and I took one of our MDO days to shop at Target together!  I rode the motor scooter around the store while she walked, and it was very fun!

We even treated ourselves to a little junk food lunch.  :)

IMG_1213

Anyway, while we were there the bedding section sucked us in, and I ended up finally buying bedding for our king sized bed!

I was eyeing clearance sets and saw this dandelion duvet cover set, but only in a queen size.  But then Super Joanna found the king – wahoo! 

IMG_0864

I just really a whole lot love dandelions.  And I liked the neutral color as well.  The color isn’t great in the photograph, but it’s pretty close-ish.  I also picked up a white bed skirt (which Matt IRONED for me and put on all by himself) and a set of sheets.  The sheets are pretty close to the color of the blue pillows in the picture.  It feels so good to have a real set of bedding on the bed.  Now, in real life, the duvet cover (which I found an insert for on Amazon) is laying on the floor and I’m using my thinner twin quilt until it cools off a bit.  And Matt has moved out to the couch again because I keep the bedroom too cold.  Poor guy.  There are pretty sham covers that match the duvet, so at some point if I ever shop again, I’m going to pick up a couple of super cheap king sized pillows to fill them.

It makes me feel good when my bedroom is a nice place to be.

Switching gears completely… a week or so ago, Kroger had their snow crab legs on sale (and I love crab legs!)  So we splurged on a few pounds to share for dinner.

IMG_0867

We decided to forgo plates (it was a wise choice).  I served ‘em up with smoothies so it was practically a balanced meal.  YUMMO!

IMG_0868

One day last week (I think) Joanna and I did some school work outside since the weather wasn’t super awful.  I made us some milkshakes (milk, frozen bananas, peanut butter), and we enjoyed a little almost-fall weather.

IMG_0885

Sometimes it’s hard to concentrate when nature is right there.  (Eh, who am I kidding?  Sometimes it’s hard to concentrate anywhere!)

IMG_0887

I’ve been slowing down week by week, day by day, so we ended up a bit “behind” on school this past weekend.  We have finished seven weeks to public school’s four, so we’re not actually behind on anyone’s standards.  And we can go into the summer further if necessary.  Anyway, I decided to make this week our catch-up week, and it was an excellent decision!  We have a few math lessons (they are Joanna’s least favorite I think) to do plus a ton of reading (it was sort of “extra” in the curriculum) that we can do.  And I’ve skipped some language arts stuff here and there that we’ll do.  I thought about doing a make-up week before my back really went out, so I felt doubly sure it was a good decision after that!  And it’s crazy but I have some kind of appointment four out of five mornings this week – yowza!  Next week we’ll start refreshed with week eight, all caught up with everything!

The kids love to put on CDs and dance in the living room.  James is often asking for “a pretty dress” to dance in.  Today I told him to go find something he wanted to wear, and he brought this dress.  He had it on a few times today, and he was so happy.

IMG_0971 1

Natalie figured out she could put one of the bouncy balls from the baby shower in her dress to be pregnant.

IMG_0976

Of course sister followed suit.

IMG_0978

Later Natalie gave birth to a cute little pink doll, but I didn’t take a picture.  :)

The heat index was only 90 today and the backyard was pretty shady, so I sent the kiddos out to play for awhile this afternoon.  They love playing out there and can entertain themselves forever with very little in the way of toys or what not.

IMG_0980

All was well until James discovered an ant pile.  :(  He was perky again after Momma’s (made up on the spot) remedy of a warm bath with baking soda and then some salve on the bites.

Well, being stuck on the couch, barely able to walk does one thing for me – I think I’m caught up on blog posts!  :)

No comments:

Post a Comment