Tuesday, March 31, 2009

My Girls

I LOVE saying that: my girls. It makes me smile. Even when one or both of them is being ornery.

Joanna...
  • Loves to hold Natalie. "I hold her?" she says to me.
  • finally broke her no nap spree today. She took one at school. Her last one before that was Wednesday.
  • can say anything. It might not sound like you say it, but she says it. I'm of course her best translator because I hear her all the time, but I still struggle with some things. Now, she'll say "no" when I guess wrong at what she's saying.
  • can cheer up her sister when she's fussing.
  • is a very good mommy to all her babies. She rocks them, burps them, feeds them, and puts them to sleep.
  • Can climb into the crib even though it's at the lowest setting. She literally throws herself over the side. This is scary.
  • Will have spring school pictures next week.
  • Really needs a haircut before these pictures.
  • Can sing "Twinkle Twinkle Little Star," "Happy Birthday," and "Jesus Loves Me" so that they are recognizable to anyone who hears them. I need to record them.
  • Is wearing size 5 diapers (just more comfy than size fours).
  • Loves to sit on the potty... after she goes in her diaper.
  • Can take off her diaper very very quickly. I went in the other night to check on her before going to bed and she was laying there, asleep with her pants off and the diaper just barely hanging on (we had taped it). I had to wake her up to put another diaper on. We are sleeping in one-piece PJs whenever possible. These are hard to find without feet (which are really too warm for the hot days).

Natalie...

  • Will be baptized on April 19th at the 11:00 service.
  • Is much more easy going than Joanna was at this age.
  • Can find her thumb most of the time to chew/suck on.
  • Sleeps a huge stretch at night.
  • Is a good eater.
  • Doesn't mind riding in the carseat most of the time.
  • Still loves looking at mobiles.
  • Has officially moved in with Joanna. I have to get out of the habit of calling their room "Joanna's room." It will be a hard habit to break. She still naps (and likely will for a while) in the bassinet in our room, and sleeps the last few hours of the night with me.
  • Can put herself to sleep in her bed, but it involves a few minutes of crying... just like her sister.
  • Smiles a lot -- it's soooo precious!
  • Loves ceiling fans, especially when they are a contrasting color to the ceiling like Aunt Mindy's.
  • Is wearing size 1-2 pampers. These are not available everywhere, so I think she'll soon be moving on to the huge box of size twos we have.

My girls...

  • are the stinkin' cutest babies in the universe. I tell them this a lot.

2 comments:

  1. I am glad to hear that they are doing so well. God Bless.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Cute post! I so wish that I would have written down when Paul David moved to different size diapers...don't know why I want that info now, but I think it's kind of neat to know!

    ReplyDelete