Tuesday, October 13, 2009

Oh, the vomit.

Poor Joanna got sick on the way home from school today. At first, I thought she'd gagged on her lollipop, but when she proceed to throw up many many more times through the afternoon, I figured that wasn't it. She actually feels pretty good in between all the vomiting, and really wanted to eat and drink. I wouldn't let her eat, but I let her have a little to drink. It didn't stay down. This is what she looks like right now: She's on her mattress in the living room. I was just letting her watch tv and rest next to her "vomit box" not thinking she'd fall asleep. Sadly, she's in her panties, so I'm not sure how long she'll stay asleep! We may have to remake the bed when she does wake up. :(
When we got home from MDO (where Joanna seemed absolutely totally heathly but clearly was actually not), I tried putting Natalie down for a late (and much needed) nap while Joanna and I hung out in the playroom.
My sweet daughter has never ever in her entire life just layed down and fallen asleep. This is how I really knew she was sick. She only stayed asleep for a few minutes at a time because she was still throwing up pretty often. She's such a trooper!
Well, she just woke up, kind of whining and moaning. She really doesn't feel well. :( I put a diaper on her and left her where she was. If she stays asleep, I'll stay out in the living room with her on the couch. Hmmm... maybe Matt and I could carry her on her mattress into her bedroom... I guess that's not the best idea. I don't want her to disturb Natalie (or the other way around) as she's not sleeping well either, being all snargley. Matt will just have to be stealthy in the morning. :) I really hope she'll sleep this off and be able to eat and drink in the morning. I'm thinking she's a little dehydrated. I'm sad to miss Bible Study, but kind of looking forward to a laid-back morning at home. (We'll see!)

3 comments:

  1. Poor Joanna...and her Mommy! Sounds like what Paul David did last Tuesday. Must be a bug or something. It's just pitiful when they're that little and throw up (or Spill as Paul David put it). I hope she's all better today! We missed you guys at Bible Study!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hope Joanna's feeling better and no one else caught it!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I was wondering where you were. I am so sorry for poor Joanna. That is not fun for anyone. Hears to getting and keeping food down!

    ReplyDelete