Thursday, April 1, 2010

Maundy Thursday

Honestly, if Sola Gratia hadn't been singing tonight, I wouldn't have dragged myself up to the church for the service. I'm so thankful we were singing. I was so tired and sick, but Holy Week just isn't the same without the stuff in the middle. If you just show up on Palm Sunday and then again on Easter, you miss the whole story. Tonight we heard and sang about Christ's last supper with his disciples and how he washed their feet. Tomorrow night the choir will present The Crucifixion, which tells the story of the Passion.
I think Matt will end up going tomorrow night while I stay home with the girls. They are still recovering from staying up late on Monday night. They've kind of been bears all week, and I just don't want to mess with their schedule. We'll see. Poor Natalie went to bed two hours late Monday night and woke up one hour early on Tuesday. Ick! Then she didn't get to have a morning nap on Tuesday or Wednesday because we were up at the church. Finally, today, she got two good naps at home with her Gran. Matt said the girls both went down very easily tonight as well. Maybe they're back to "normal" finally!
If you're reading this and thinking about going to church on Friday night -- do it! It really adds an important touch to the week. I think it's really important to try and experience Holy Week, as many aspects as you can. And there's nursery for the kids. :)

1 comment:

  1. I feel the same way you do, I love Holy Week. I hated to miss last night but it was literally the only night all week when we could just be home and eat dinner and rest. We'll be there tonight for sure. Take care girlie, it was good to visit with you Wednesday!

    ReplyDelete