Wednesday, April 7, 2010

Rough Day, but with Goodness

Last night I slept a few hours then woke up at about 2am in terrible pain, unable to get back to sleep. So I went into the kitchen to get something to eat so I could take some Tylenol. Oh I was in so much pain. Swallowing was murder! I'm pretty sure I threw up, too. I managed to get a Slim Fast shake down, followed by two Tylenol a little after 3am. I wasn't tired, and Matt was in the bedroom snoring blissfully away, so I grabbed my computer and turned on the TV to veg. It's time like that that I really miss my DVR. Oh, well. I caught up on my world news. And I whined on Facebook. :)
I discovered that the earliest I would be able to see a doctor was 7am at the minor emergency clinic. That was my plan. Eventually I felt tired enough to go lay in bed. That was about 4:30am. Matt was still pretty braggy in there with his sleep, so I didn't actually fall asleep until he got up a little before 5am.
I woke up about 6:45 and called my mom. I told her the minor emergency clinic opened and 7:00 and I wanted to go. She came right over!
And she stayed ALL DAY LONG until shortly after 4:00. And Matt came home shortly after 5:00. So I survived.
I had some good moments today, moments when I didn't feel like death, but I feel puny now. End of the day punyness.
I need to get up and eat so I can take my other dose of antibiotic soon. It was kind of funny because it took the docs at the clinic about 20 minutes to figure out what to give me! The PA didn't give a name to what I have, but I have fluid in both ears and my tonsils are super red/swollen/pussy. I can't take the penecillins, since I had an allergic reaction to Augmentin when I was a kid. And being pregnant (or nursing) as I often am lately really limits the choices. I'm on zithromax, which is kind of a cool antibiotic that only lasts 5 days. Unfortunately it also makes me sick as a dog. Or can, anyway. I took it last year for strep. You're supposed to take 2 pills for the first dose, then one pill a day for 4 more days. So I did. And I threw up for HOURS after those two pills. Armed with this knowledge, I asked the pharmacist if it was okay to split the first dose. She said it wasn't ideal for fighting the infections, but okay. I figure it's better to take two spread out than two immediately thrown up, you know? Even just that one made me a little nauseous, and I ate as much as I possibly could. So that's the downside of this medication for me. If it works, I so won't care.
And sadly, I think my kids are sick again... or still. They've had no appetites today (even for tator tots!), and they have the runs. And last night Joanna fell asleep in her towel on the rocking chair. And today she fell asleep in Gran's lap around noon. Natalie took two pretty good naps today as well. Bummer. Joanna also got this mystery rash yesterday after school that kind of looks like bug bites, but it moves. I gave her some Benedryl today, and I haven't seen much of it. Something just got to her system I guess. Hopefully the antihistamine knocked it out. And hopefully the girls will feel better tomorrow.
So the goodness of today was mostly my wonderful mom. And I got tons of supportive comments and prayers from my Facebook peeps. That made me feel really good.

1 comment:

  1. I am SO sorry! How horrible!! I was wondering where you were today at bible study - now I know. Please let me know if you need anything. You know, like a milkshake I can bring over or something. That might not sound good now, but it might tomorrow. :)

    ReplyDelete