The pizza dough recipe I use is from the Better Homes and Garden’s Cookbook. I thought maybe I’d type it out here, but I just don’t think that’s going to happen today. I did want to post how I made my own frozen pizza though.
The recipe (which I do in the bread machine most times – so easy!) has you bake the crust for 9 minutes then top it and bake it for 9 more minutes. I got to thinking that I might be able to freeze it before the last bake and then just bake it straight from the freezer. Yup. It works. :)
So to recap:
1. Mix, knead, roll out your dough.
2. Bake for 9 minutes.
3. Let it cool a bit so your topping don’t start to cook.
4. Top your pizza with whatever makes you happy.
5. Freeze your pizza. (I froze mine on a cookie sheet for a few hours, then took it out and wrapped it in plastic before returning it to the freezer.
6. Bake your pizza when you need some food but don’t have the time or energy to cook anything. :) I baked this one for 15 minutes at 400 degrees. Yummy!
(And yes, that is homemade sauce!)
No comments:
Post a Comment