Thursday, February 16, 2012

Chocolate Comes to Stay

IMG_4608

Joanna’s class has this stuffed dog named Chocolate (or, as I keep calling her this week, Cookie – I can’t get it out of my head!).  Chocolate spends each week at a different friend’s house in the class. 

IMG_4610

She has a basket with clothes and a journal to keep track of her adventures.  The journal is another example of how I get to do homework for preschool.  (In case you weren’t sure how I feel about the subject, I detest when teachers send me homework.  I’m good, thanks.)

But Joanna is loving it, and that’s what matters at this time I think.  I sure hope she gets to do something like this in, say, first or second grade, as I think it would be a wonderful writing project for the kids – a daily journal one week of what the dog did.

Off my teaching soap box now… I have to go blog for Chocolate.  :)

No comments:

Post a Comment