Saturday, February 4, 2012

Friday Morning Pics

Thursday evening I shopped Baby Daze – woo hoo!  I haven’t shopped it in a year and a half (and boy did I make up for that!)  Mainly I was after clothes for Joanna, but I picked up a few miscellaneous things as well.

It didn’t take long for the kiddos to start finding the stuff to play with.  Natalie has on some new dress-up and a Thomas back pack:

IMG_4490

I figure both she and James will get some use out of it.  Natalie likes Thomas a lot.

IMG_4491

I love this boy.  :)

IMG_4493

In the next few pictures we have another couple of dress-ups, a Diego folding chair, and the “tall chair” that Natalie is sitting in.  I LOVE this thing!  I’ve seen them in real-life before, but couldn’t justify spending money on one since Natalie is perfectly capable of sitting on her knees in a regular chair.  This really is perfect for her though!

IMG_4497IMG_4498

By this point Joanna had decided three flashes in a row was too much!

IMG_4499

The house was too dark for a picture of moving people without the flash though.  I really don’t like using a flash, and I try when I can to take pictures without it.  When I know that it’s just too dark and my subjects are little fast people, I just turn it on since it’s better than no picture!

And now, a ramble from me:

I have been sooooo tired lately, and just not in the mood to do much of anything.  I’ve also found myself stressing over little things.  I feel like I’m getting back on track though.  And James has been sleeping better the last couple of days, which always brings more sanity! 

The girls are having a playday combo birthday party next week that I’m trying not to stress too much over.  I know they just want to play with their friends and eat treats and hear “Happy Birthday to You,” so I’m intentionally keeping it simple with just a few friends at the park on a weekday.  Of course, with the rain we’ve been having, it may turn in to just a few friends in our living room.  And that’s okay too!  I am going to try and keep the house picked up and clean this week. 

For treats at their party, I want to do something that doesn’t require silverware (or maybe even plates!).  I thought about both cookies and cupcakes.  I know kiddos love all the mess of cupcakes (but I really hate cake!)  My girls love cookies too, but they just don’t scream “birthday” to me.  But then I ran across the idea of doing cake batter or cake mix cookies.  Maybe the perfect marriage of cookie and cupcake!  I’ve made cake mix cookies before, and I found a couple of recipes that I really think will be fun!  Sadly they won’t be healthy by any sense of the word, and they’ll only be slightly homemade, but I think it will be a good park party treat! 

And in my efforts to have pretty waste-free parties, I am thinking I will pour juice, lemonade, water, etc. into jars with lids and put them in ice chests for people to grab.  I figure the worst case scenario is that a jar or two will be broken.  This seems preferable to me than all the trash.  And not really a lot more work. 

I feel much better after all of my rambling.  Thank you for reading.  :)

Well, I hope everyone has a fun Superbowl day tomorrow.  I haven’t the foggiest which teams are even playing.  It is football, right?  All I know is that it’s a good excuse to get together with family and eat snacks!

No comments:

Post a Comment