For while I had my spices in all this matching jars (seen below, being reassembled by Natalie). They were super pretty and had a little lazy susan stand to spin around on, BUT I couldn’t fit anything larger than a half teaspoon measure in the opening. And I’m more of a measurer than a sprinkler.
On Pinterest (of course!!) I saw somebody using mason jars in a drawer to store spices, and it just seemed like something that would work for me! It was one of those things I was probably going to think about doing but not doing except I saw the tiny jars at the store (and they’re so cute!), and when I came home I had bought enough groceries to warrant a slight rearrange/organize of the pantry anyway. So I pulled out everything spice related and began transferring. I cleared out this big drawer by my oven and stove. It held miscellaneous things, but nothing that needed to be there. You can see a few spices still in their containers (white lids) because they fit just fine in the drawer and I didn’t have enough jars. I haven’t actually cooked using my new system, but I think I’m going to like it!
I may try doing something different with the lids at some point (which is why I didn’t spend five seconds worrying about making the labels pretty). I’m envisioning something I can make that will allow me to put a spoon in the jar and pull it out, leveling the spice.
That probably IS one of those things I’ll think about doing but never actually do. :)
For now, I’m just happy having the spices by the oven, instead of looking pretty in the pantry.
No comments:
Post a Comment