Thursday, January 24, 2013

Well, food.

I only had to make five school lunches this week!  Monday was a holiday, and I let everybody buy lunch today.

I made Joanna a beautiful salad, full of all kinds of goodies for Monday.  Most of it came back home though.  Oh, well!

IMG_0586

Tuesday night we had what I call “loaded nachos,” one of everybody’s favorites.

IMG_0610

This is Matt’s plate:  homemade “refried” {mashed} beans, cheese, olives, tomato, avocado, spinach, plain greek yogurt {subs deliciously for sour cream} and picante sauce.

IMG_0614

For the kiddos I mix all of the above {well, tomatoes for Joanna only; olives for James and Natalie} into a mash and they use corn chips to scoop it up and eat it!

I spread the mix on James’ chips so he won’t just have tortilla chips for dinner.

IMG_0618

I love that this dinner is pretty healthy and actually a HIT with everyone!!

And a side note: I think I love taking pictures of food better with this lens.  I can get a bit closer to the food, and it just seems to work better.  They’re still not fantastic, but I blame the poor lighting in my kitchen and laziness against going someplace else to take food pictures.  :)

No comments:

Post a Comment