Sunday, November 3, 2013

Birth Day

Both my mom and Matt were taking pics during labor, and neither camera had the date information correct, so I’m kind of guessing about the order of the first of these here.  Thankfully, my mom was kind of obsessed with putting the clock in the photograph.  :)

Clearly, I’m recently arrived at the hospital and still feeling great.  :)

IMG_9814

Matt loves to wear his “My Wife Rocks” t-shirt for labor days. 

IMG_9820

I’m filling out forms; that’s my nurse Rene (with an accent on the e but I don’t know how to type that).

DSCN2423

Before it got ugly, of course.

DSCN2425

This looks like a princess face on me here.  My carpal tunnel was bothering me so Matt’s holding up my arm.  It looks like it’s 8:40am here, and I can see the Pitocin bag on the IV pole.

DSCN2430

Showing off some bling.  Oh I hated having that IV in.  And after delivery, I had two more bracelets on my right wrist – it was pretty awful (not to mention ridiculous).  My carpal tunnel is worse over there, and it just made it so uncomfortable to do anything!

IMG_9822

Some belly bling as well – the monitors for the boys are strapped in blue; mine’s in pink.

IMG_9823

Pit’s at a 4 now.

IMG_9824

It’s 9:30, and I’m feeling contractions now.

IMG_9827

Another shot – same pain.

DSCN2433

It’s about 10:30.  I appear to be laboring on my side and having a lot of fun.

DSCN2439

Like I wrote in my birth story, at some point I went to the bathroom and very much enjoying laboring in that position.  Enter… the birthing ball!  (You can’t see it, but it’s there.)  I was able to be pretty comfortable sitting on it and leaning into Matt.  I didn’t labor here long.  My nurse spent most of the time I was here though sitting on the floor trying to get Michael on the monitor!

IMG_9830

Dr. Torres poked her head in and wanted to check me.  Moving around was just so stinkin’ difficult!

DSCN2444

And then all my picture takers either left or became otherwise occupied, so there’s a bit of a gap in photos.  Like I said, I told Matt to get the camera, but while he wasn’t looking someone put it in the cabinet, but he thought my mom had it.  Can you believe he walked down the hall to attend the birth of his twins without a camera?!!  :)  I kid.

After Michael’s birth I made him leave and go find it!  He did.  Here is Michael’s first picture.  Isn’t he beautiful?!

IMG_9832

Snuggles with the momma:

IMG_9834IMG_9841

Then they took him back to the warmer so I could deliver Thomas.

Matt cut his cord; the anesthesiologist took this picture for us.

IMG_9842 (2)

Snuggles with Thomas!

IMG_9844 (2)

Both my boys on the warmer.  (I LOVE that they’re easy to tell apart!!!!)

IMG_9855 (2)

Matt headed back to the room and held his boys while they waited on me.

IMG_9861 (2)

I nursed them in the room when I got back, but I won’t be posting those photos.  :)

They took the boys over to the nursery after they nursed for awhile.  When my recovery room was ready, we loaded up all my stuff and wheeled over!

My labor nurse dropping me off in my recovery room.  I’ve said it before and I’ll say it again – it is one of the best feelings in the universe to be on this side of labor, to be through it.  The ride in the wheelchair from labor and delivery to the postpartum rooms feels like such a victory ride.

IMG_9876

Sadly, the recovery room we had wasn’t a fancy suite.  There was no couch, and the sad recliner Matt slept in was broken.  I find it kind of humorous that the two times I’ve stayed two nights in the hospital, we’ve had small rooms with recliners for the hubs and the two times we’ve stayed a mere 24 hours, we’ve had giant cozy rooms with huge couches for sleeping.  I sure would have enjoyed nursing the boys on a couch at the hospital!

But we survived.  And it wasn’t so bad.  :)

Everyone (except me) went down the the nursery at some point to peek at the boys.  They brought back pictures of them chillin’ on their warmers.

IMG_9877DSCN2459

They sure are good looking boys, eh?

The nurses from the nursery said they took several pictures of them laying there being cute with each other on the disposable camera.  Eventually those will get developed and uploaded…

I have many more posts to write (or just upload pics for; we’ll see), but hopefully this will tide some people over.  :)  I have picked out the photos that I want to post, but the typing moments are severely limited over here!

2 comments:

  1. WOW! Impressive--I can't believe you have time to do this. Thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  2. What awesome photos to commemorate their birth!!! You did SO great!

    Jennifer Ackerman
    KAMOM

    ReplyDelete