It’s crazy how different these babies look less than two weeks later! I’m thankful for all the pictures I managed to take, even in the craziness, even though they’re not quite as Pinteresting as I might have liked. :)
Michael:
Thomas:
James and Thomas:
Love this one – such a sweet brother!
Natalie and Michael:
Anna and Emma were able to come by after school on Thursday to meet the boys.
They liked ‘em. :)
Andy and Christiana had Friday off due to their big ultrasound, so they got to stop by in the afternoon. (By the way, I’m very excited that I’m going to have a NEPHEW to snuggle in the spring!! And someone to pass down a boatload of clothes to!)
One thing I really really really wanted to get done was the mountain of laundry I’d gotten so behind on at the end of the pregnancy. Washing is the easy part though.
I sorted it all by where it belonged in the house, and my wonderful friend Lisa folded them for me and helped put them away. I felt much better after that. :)
Sweet snuggly boys. I’m sure they woke up five seconds later. They’re not really into sleeping on anything that isn’t me. :)
Friday evening, November 1st, we had a lactation consultant come by the house and evaluate the boys’ latches and why I was in so very much pain while nursing. They both have a tongue tie and lip tie, though Michael’s is worse. She spent close to three hours at the house, weighing the boys to see how much they were eating, checking their latch, showing us exercises to stretch their frenulums, and working on ways to get me in better shape. (I saw her again today, ten days later, and she commented on how very grey I was on that first meeting.) I hadn’t slept; my milk was barely in, and I was a HOT MESS. She put me on an iron supplement that has B12 in it and prescribed SLEEP to get my milk to come in. That night Matt helped as much as he could, and it was the next several nights that my mom helped overnight with the boys. I’m not sure I would have survived without her. The LC was worth every single penny and then some to get me on track. Even though I’ve nursed three singletons, these boys were kicking my butt! Things aren’t completely sunshine and roses, but we’re much better now! More on the tongue tie and all that to come.
Oh Jessica, hope they are latching on better now! Xoxoxo Jaci
ReplyDelete