Saturday, December 28, 2013

Hanging Around

My friend Kathy stopped by the day after Christmas to bring by a gift (diaper detergent – wahoo!!) and snuggle some babies.

Sorry I caught you mid-expression, friend.  :)

IMG_1468

Then we went over to Grandpa David’s house to spend time with more family!

Laura holding Michael and watching TV with James.

IMG_1486

Later, David holding Michael.

IMG_1484

Then the kids were playing in the yard with Dusty and Laura, and it was quite a picture moment, so he was snapping pics while still holding the sleeping baby!

IMG_1470

Laura let everyone try on her Mickey hat from Disneyland.  The boys were asleep on me so I asked Joanna to get this one of James.  The grouchy face is because Laura had just taken a picture of him, and I guess that’s all he had in him.  :)

IMG_1485

The boys each managed a little nap in someone’s arms, but they sure were ready to crash on me after they nursed.

IMG_1478

Such sweet babes!

IMG_1479

We had a lovely visit with family, and it made the day after Christmas just perfect!

Yesterday I got to drop the bigs off with David and Laura while the boys and I went to my doctor’s office.

Thankfully they (mostly) fell asleep in the car and I was able to keep them asleep in the stroller. 

IMG_1503

And I loved the beautiful tree in the waiting room.  I do missing having a pretty tree with lights in my living room this year.  :)  (I don’t miss the work involved though, so it all works out.)

The reason I was at my doc’s is that my labwork did come back wonky from my 6 week check up.  It looked like I was on too much thyroid, so Dr. Torres wanted me to see Dr. Beauvais, who technically manages that for me.  I brought along my lab work (which my wonderful sis-in-law was so kind to fetch for me!), and Dr. Beauvais lowered my dose.  I have to go back in three months to make sure it’s the right amount.  I haven’t technically picked up my Rx yet, but I actually have most of a bottle left from when she upped my dose almost a year ago that’s not expired.  Yay!

Yesterday Miss Natalie was just tuckered I guess, and we found her like this:

IMG_1505

It’s the corner of the closet in their bedroom.  :)

This is the tent that Aunt Mindy and Uncle Steve gave the kiddos.  It’s been up for a couple of days, and if I can’t find the kids, I know they’re inside.  You can’t see it in this picture, but Joanna colored a piece of paper with black crayon, rolled it up, and tucked it in the front of the tunnel to make a funnel for the “train.”  So clever!

IMG_0695

Natalie is often my laundry helper – she’s good at it!  I have also discovered that she’s excellent at folding my Bum Genius Freetimes for me.  At first she did it so happily, but now it’s a chore so there’s some eye-rolling involved.  Oh well; she still does a good job!

IMG_1510

Yesterday I ordered the boys some new swaddle blankets.  (This is Thomas.)

IMG_1506

We can just barely tuck them in there anymore; it’s about time for the next size up!  They sleep so well swaddled that I’m not looking to stop any time soon.  :)

These kiddos do so love to dress up, and I love what they come up with!

IMG_1509

It’s Saturday, but it feels like Friday.  Matt has to work today.  :(  Next week is going to feel very long with only a one-day weekend to start it off!

No comments:

Post a Comment