Monday, December 2, 2013

Michael and Thomas are One Month Old!

The boys were officially one month old on Friday!  To be honest, in most ways it feels like “It’s only been a month?”  Ha!  Though I still get surprised sometimes at the thought of having twin babies!  (Not to mention FIVE children!)

I didn’t quite manage pictures of both boys on Friday, so we went outside to snap a few one month pics on Saturday.  I was having to swat mosquitos away from them again though!

IMG_0346IMG_0349 (2)

So serious!

IMG_0350 (2)IMG_0351 (2)

Brothers!

IMG_0352 (2)

I love this one:

IMG_0355 1

I’m going to try and list a few things about the boys as they come to me.  I know I won’t even touch on everything.  :)

  • Thomas is still bigger than Michael, but I don’t know how much either weighs or how long they are.  He’s just heftier.  They’ve both filled out and look more like babies than newborns, in my opinion.  They’re not as easy to hold in one arm/hand anymore.  :)
  • They can both still wear newborn sized clothing, though I think there are a few things they’ve grown out of, especially when they’re wearing their bulky cloth diapers.
  • Speaking of diapers, we used disposable for about three weeks in there, when I really needed to eliminate any extra processes in my life, like diaper laundry.  For that matter, we also used a lot of paper plates.  We started back up with cloth diapers this past weekend and are so far doing just fine.  For the record though, two one month old babies go through A LOT of diapers!  Size-wise they can probably still wear newborn disposables, but I find size one fits extremely well.  We do still have some sposies for going out and when other people help with the babes.
  • Three nights ago we had an amazing night where the boys had a 6 hour stretch, 3 hour stretch, and 4 hour stretch, sleeping pretty well in their bed in between.  The next night sucked though, with frequent wakings and lots of needing to be held.  Then last night was pretty okay again.  So it’s still a crapshoot.  :)
  • They typically eat every 3 hours during the day and sometimes slightly less frequently at night.  I will wake whoever is still sleeping so that they eat at the same time.
  • I nurse them on the couch using a big pregnancy body pillow wrapped around me like an inner tube.  It works very well.  I can also use little blankets tucked under and around them to give me a free hand while nursing… thus all the Facebook stalking and posting – I can use my iPod.
  • Thomas loves to be held while the holder is standing up (hello Joanna as a baby!!).  I don’t know how he can tell, but he can.  Right now I have him in the sling, but I’m sitting in a chair, and it’s making him grouchy!
  • They both still have goopy eyes.  I don’t know whether it’s a blocked duck thing or an infection thing.  I kind of gave up on the drops.
  • I’ve been working on this for two days now.  I’m hoping to finish soon and get it published before they’re two months old!
  • The boys are very different from each other, as are all my children.  Michael and Thomas are no more related to each other than Joanna and Natalie; they just happened to be born at the same time!

No comments:

Post a Comment