I found this little treasure on the little camera. That camera lives in my purse for emergency photographic needs but I kind of hate it so I don’t download it much.
Anyway, it’s a selfie of Michael and me when he was about a week and a half old. Sooooo tiny!! We were at the lab…again. :)
This is from the last enchilada night, which was actually a taco night, courtesy of Uncle John who was in town for Thanksgiving. Yum! Aunt Gail was holding both the boys for me – yay!
Over the weekend I took a trip to Target ALL BY MYSELF. It was kind of amazing. :) I don’t mind bringing the big kids, but I figured I would probably pick up a thing or two for Christmas so I wanted to be alone. Matt was so good to keep all the children at home!
The main reason for my trip was to pick up two more stocking hangers and possibly new stockings for all. Matt and I were using stockings from our childhood, and the big kids had cheapo stockings I picked up years ago that I never really liked much. And we actually had a couple of extra stockings (I never throw anything out you know) so the boys would have had stockings this year, but I really wanted to cohese (I made that word up) everything and find some that I liked better. The major impetus for this being the stocking that had Santa Claus on it. I have a real problem with ALL OF THE Santa at Christmas. I just didn’t want to display him front and center on the mantle. {A little St. Nick here and there is fine, but ALL OF THE Santa EVERYWHERE bugs me.}
So that was an extremely long rambling paragraph to say I found some stockings I like… SEVEN of them to be exact.
Last night was Advent Workshop at church. This is a super fun event, but not so much if you have two newborns, so we would have skipped it altogether if the girls hadn’t been singing. The boys feeding schedule for the day worked out that I was able to take Joanna and Natalie up to the church to sing and leave Matt at home with the boys. After they sang, we grabbed our bags of crafts and headed home. Advent Workshop is CRAZY!!
It appears that Natalie was nervous! You can see she’d been crying here. I was so proud of her though because she still wanted to sing, and she knew the songs. Go Natalie!
Joanna looks so tough – ha!
They both did so great singing about the birth of our Savior!!
This morning the boys were dressed in matching gowns, so I had to try and take a few pics. There just wasn’t enough like coming in the window though, so I didn’t love what I got. Taking pictures of babies is hard! I like this one though, with my books all blurry in the background.
The boys will be six weeks old tomorrow, and it seems kind of milestoney. I will have my six week postpartum check up later this week, and I can’t wait to show off the boys to my doc and my nurse. They’re soooo cute! Anyway, I was looking back at my last pregnancy post, and I decided want to put on the same outfit and take a six week picture to compare. We’ll see if I manage to get it done.
I do feel like I’m beginning to settle into my new normal. Life isn’t so hard all the time these days. The boys regularly have pretty good nights where Matt and I can get actual hours of sleep in a row. They’re sleeping in a crib in their bedroom, and it’s working out so well. They end up in the swings pretty often too, but I’m not stressing that since I’m happy they aren’t having to sleep in my arms. :) I still am so tired in the evenings and just want to crawl into bed after my big kids go down, but I feel pretty rested and able to function like a momma most of the time. The boys often nap well in their room (most of the time in their swings), leaving me able to do school with Joanna, fix meals, and even blog! I feel kind of human. I sure didn’t for a looooooooong time. I even vacuumed yesterday. And y’all, it’s been MONTHS since I vacuumed. (Don’t be alarmed though; other people have been!)
No comments:
Post a Comment