Sunday, November 22, 2009

Already behind and the week hasn't started

I really love holidays, but I don't love what it does to my work schedule. Because I'm a part-timer (all but a contract worker, actually), holidays are rough. There's less time, less child-care, and typically MORE work. Like this week there are no nurseries but I easily have twice as much work to do due to extra services and crazy computer programs. Fortunately there is Mother's Day Out on Tuesday, so as long as the girls stay healthy, I should be okay. And I'm really thankful that I even can use nurseries to work sometimes, just not this week. Depending on how much gets done on Tuesday, I also can finish up in the evening while Matt's with the girls, and Tuesday evening the church won't be deserted, which makes me feel better about being up there. And, even though I don't want to, I actually do have LOTS of child-care available in the form of tons of family on Thursday and Friday for any last-minute things needing to be finished up. So it's not so bad; I just need to vent. :)
And I'm feeling a lot better that I cleaned the kitchen, a little anyway, and finally vacuumed and mopped the icky floors. Crawl all you please, Natalie -- you'll find no grody old food to eat!
Maybe I'll get caught up on laundry and dishes tomorrow...
A girl can dream anyway. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment