Wednesday, November 11, 2009

More shopping and really cute girls

I headed to Kroger again on Tuesday (by myself, again!), armed with lots of "free" coupons from the mailer. Whoo hoo! I filled my cart mostly with produce and dairy, but I also snagged some more mega deals. Here are the free things I came home with. Most of these were due to Kroger coupons they mailed out. I must confess we get two of these wonderful mailers due to the previous owners not changing their address with Kroger. These coupons are actually sort of personalized based on what you buy with your Kroger card. The previous owners had little kids, too, so we buy similar things, I think. :)
Speaking of little kids...
Natalie and I were hanging out in the playroom, waiting for Joanna to wake up from her nap.
Joanna is usually sad after her nap... 4 ish is a grouchy time of day at the Pence house.
I asked Joanna if I could take a picture of her sad face.
She said yes.
Sadly, it's 9:38pm and I have the above mentioned child on my lap. I don't think she's slept yet; we just let her out to go to the potty. I let her sit on my lap for a little snuggle. I know that will get me in to trouble in about 2 minutes, but I just couldn't help it!
Off to take the soon-to-be-screaming-and-waking-up-her-sister-girl back to bed...
Back now. So far, she's just whining, but I expect it will escalate before sleep overcomes her.
On a totally unrelated note:
I cooked kale for the first time tonight (sad, perhaps), and it wasn't too bad! I just steamed and pureed it for Natalie. I mixed it in with some cereal and yogurt and a little applesauce and she liked it. For us big kids, I essentially made kale chips. I baked pieces of it with a little olive oil and kosher salt -- yum! And the very best part is that Joanna ate several pieces before she figured out they were vegetables and she didn't really like them. Oh well.
She's still crying, but for now the little one is sleeping through it. Poor tiny grumpy sad strong-willed little girl. I sure do love her.

No comments:

Post a Comment