Monday, March 8, 2010

8 Weeks

P3081458

No real bump yet, but I know it won’t be long!

How Your Baby’s Growing (from Baby Center):

New this week: Webbed fingers and toes are poking out from your baby's hands and feet, his eyelids practically cover his eyes, breathing tubes extend from his throat to the branches of his developing lungs, and his "tail" is just about gone. In his brain, nerve cells are branching out to connect with one another, forming primitive neural pathways. You may be daydreaming about your baby as one sex or the other, but the external genitals still haven't developed enough to reveal whether you're having a boy or a girl. Either way, your baby — about the size of a kidney bean — is constantly moving and shifting, though you still can't feel it.

How far along:  8 weeks

Pregnancy symptoms: tiredness (very tiredness), nausea, round ligament pain, spotting

Sleep: pretty good!  Except I always want more; I’m such a sleep junkie.

Food Cravings: soups/stews, popcorn, chocolate, fruit – mainly crisp, juicy apples

Measurement: (this one’s new from last week)  I’m planning to measure around the biggest part of my belly, which is a little below my belly button, but I can’t find the measuring tape.  Will update later.  I’m really going to get my mom’s measuring tape this week.  Apparently mine has vanished.

Movement: none yet!  This will apply more later.

Labor signs: ditto above

What I miss: Dr. Pepper, energy

What I’m looking forward to: 20 weeks for the big ultrasound, not that I want the time to fly until then; I just really love having a pronoun to go with Bean.  I think we’ll get to listen to the heartbeat at the appointment in 4 weeks.  LOVE that!

Milestone: Have a box of maternity clothes from Lisa waiting for me to need them!  Also we had our first ultrasound last Friday.  I blogged about it here.  Such a cute little Bean we have!

Thoughts from the Girls: I blogged here about the cute conversation Joanna started about the baby.  She’s pretty concerned about it falling out.  Don’t know where she got that idea.  Maybe she knows something I don’t about how quick labor will be?  :)

No comments:

Post a Comment