I just had to post that when I went in to pick up Joanna from mother's day out today, I found her ASLEEP! She was the last one sleeping, and probably slept for a hour and half. Whoo hoo! She even went to bed at a decent time tonight, too. Last night she didn't get down until probably 10:00 and she didn't sleep any later than usual this morning. She was tuckered! Her teachers were in shock! Laura told me they just looked around and Joanna was sawing logs. Brooke even went over and looked right at her face to make sure. As you can tell, Joanna NEVER sleeps at school. She did once or twice I think at the beginning of the year. It's just not her thing. She has been napping a lot lately. I have to be really careful not to let her do it late, though, or she's up very late at night.
I have been sleeping so deeply lately; I'm just so tired! This morning I felt something at the foot of the bed (just after I heard Natalie start screaming). I thought it was Matt trying to get me up or putting his shoes on. Then I discovered it was a little Joanna, and Natalie was crying because she had left her!
I saw custom bunk beds on Kingwood Yard Sales tonight -- made for toddler mattresses!
Can't you just imagine little Joanna and Natalie in tiny bunk beds? I don’t think that’s the direction we’re heading, though. I’m going to muscle three beds in that room! Even a twin sized for Miss Joanna. She’s very excited about getting a bigger big bed. And Natalie doesn’t know it yet, but she’s going to LOVE the toddler bed!
Today on the way home from school, Joanna started talking about the baby. Here is the best transcription of our conversation that I can do. I’ve tried to preserve the grammar (or lack thereof) in it’s original form.
Joanna: Make sure, when you walk, the baby will fall out and bonk her noggin’
Me: (silent hysterical laughter, fumbling for notebook to write this down in at stoplight)
Joanna: She will fall out and bonk her noggin and she will cry. And I will hold her because I am strong.
Me: Yes, you are very strong.
Joanna: When I be a mommy, I will have her (still talking about the baby who fell out) in my tummy. When I grow up and be a mommy she will be in my tummy.
Another comment, clearly showing that Joanna does not know whether it’s a boy or a girl:
Joanna: In a few days, I will have a baby brother.
I’m wondering if she’s actually talking about some of this with people at school or if this all comes from her head. She cracks me up. She is always asking what kind of baby it will be. It’s so fun to have her to talk about this stuff with! Oh, the mind of a three year old. :)
how funny!! She really is pretty obsessed with the whole baby thing, huh? Josh mostly doesn't remember. Every few days he'll ask, "Mommy, you gots a baby in you tummy?" "Yes, Josh, just like when Sam was in Mommy's tummy, remember?" "...(silence)...yeah...and there's a baby at ours house?"
ReplyDeleteI think he's slightly confused about the whole issue...but he's a boy, and I really do think that makes a difference. He's way more interested in other things than a baby that's not here and can't be seen. Maybe after we have an ultrasound and I can show him a pic it'll be easier for him. We'll see. Thank you for sharing all these hilarious (and sweet) moments of conversation with your daughter...it's so different (and sometimes so similar) to the ones I have w/ Josh! Ah, 3 yr. olds!