Wednesday, February 22, 2012

Joanna is FIVE!!

This is the last picture I took of my four year old:

IMG_4704

They crack me up.  :)

Joanna almost always sleeps until at least 7 but often close to or past 8 in the mornings.  She was up before 6:30 today!

We snuggled, and I told her about the day she was born.  She LOVED hearing it this year!

We managed to wait until after breakfast, but Joanna was just sooooo excited to open her presents from us!

I took this picture just to make sure the settings on the camera were okay, but I love of James!

IMG_4705

Opening her card from Nana and Popo that came in the mail.  She opened the present from them another time and it didn’t make it onto film.  :)

IMG_4708

The first birthday call of the day!  Hi Gran!

IMG_4709

FIVE?!!!  How can this be?????

IMG_4711

Five just seems so monumental – such a milestone.  Partly because she will start Kindergarten this year I guess.  I remember being five; it just seems so crazy!  I guess I have a few spotty memories before five years old, but I have lots of memories from when I was five.  Now my BABY is FIVE!!

Matt and I got her some Melissa and Doug play food for the kitchen.  Yay!

IMG_4715

Even though it’s been a busy day, they’ve enjoyed playing a lot with the new “food.”

IMG_4722

That’s how I like to eat butter too James!

IMG_4726

As aside: I think this is the best picture I’ve gotten of his “help” sign.  Hand motion plus the look on the face.  :)

IMG_4727

James practiced cutting the food too:

IMG_4731

LOVE this face!!

IMG_4732

We had a pretty lazy day around the house today.  Matt took the day off from work to spend more time with his birthday girl.

Mamma and Pop came over after lunch to give Joanna a birthday present.  She got a gift card to Toys R Us and and trip with Mamma and Pop to shop there!  She looooooved it so much!

IMG_4733

Does she look older?

IMG_4739

So pretty!

IMG_4740

Had to fit in a little 5 year old photo shoot outside!

IMG_4742

So big!!

IMG_4744

Me and my five year old:

IMG_4745

We headed to The Table tonight for spaghetti dinner and then the Ash Wednesday service.  Gary stopped by our table and started singing “Happy Birthday” to Joanna.  She stick her fingers in her  ears (the toot!) so he came right behind her to finish it.  I couldn’t get the iPod camera on fast enough to get a picture of it, but this is how she looked right after he walked away.  Don’t let the fingers in the ear fool you – she LOVED it!

IMG_0457

The kiddos were pretty wired at bedtime, but, as far as I can tell, they also crashed pretty good!

I am so thankful God allowed me to be Joanna’s momma.  She’s the most incredibly wonderful five year old a girl could have in her life!

Happy Birthday my sweet love!

2 comments:

  1. Such a sweet post. Happy Birthday Joanna!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. lovelovelove the first pic of her outside!! She is so pretty! And I nearly fell on the floor laughing when I saw the one of James with the stick of butter in his mouth!!!

    ReplyDelete