15 weeks
How Your Baby’s Growing (from Babycenter.com):
Your growing baby now measures about 4 inches long, crown to rump, and weighs in at about 2 1/2 ounces (about the size of an apple). She's busy moving amniotic fluid through her nose and upper respiratory tract, which helps the primitive air sacs in her lungs begin to develop. Her legs are growing longer than her arms now, and she can move all of her joints and limbs. Although her eyelids are still fused shut, she can sense light. If you shine a flashlight at your tummy, for instance, she's likely to move away from the beam. There's not much for your baby to taste at this point, but she is forming taste buds. Finally, if you have an ultrasound this week, you may be able to find out whether your baby's a boy or a girl! (Don't be too disappointed if it remains a mystery, though. Nailing down your baby's sex depends on the clarity of the picture and on your baby's position. He or she may be modestly curled up or turned in such a way as to "hide the goods.")
How far along: 15 weeks
Pregnancy symptoms: some nausea, tiredness, headaches, periods of feeling very blue, acne, serious aversion to the smell of food cooking
Food Cravings: fruit, chocolate, fried shrimp, blueberry muffins
Food Aversions: eggs, chicken, cooked veggies, anything I have to smell cooking
Sleep: The hubs is still on the couch and I’m still sleeping very well. I often go several hours without waking. It is joyous.
Measurement: about inches around
Movement: just tiny flutterings here and there. It’s pretty cool to feel movement from different parts of my belly. I know this is going to be much more exciting when I can really feel them move.
Labor signs: It is probably nothing, but I do almost feel like I’m having Braxton Hicks from time to time. That is most likely ridiculous and not the case, but still…
What I miss: not being averse to cooking or the smell of food. I really thought this was getting better, but the last few days have been worse again. I’ve had to hide in my room and open the windows when Matt is cooking. Boo!
What I’m looking forward to: Even though it’s roughly 5 weeks away, I am looking forward to the next ultrasound. :) I’m also looking forward to really being able to feel the babies move.
Milestone: Especially with the right clothes and when I put my hand on the belly, it’s obvious to people who don’t know that I’m pregnant! I got to tell several people at church yesterday the big news. Also I’m wearing maternity clothes now that I didn’t wear until near the end with my last pregnancy. I have room to grow, but I’m not sure how much… This is slightly alarming. :)
Thoughts from the children: This is definitely over-sharing, but I want to document it! With the girls, especially Natalie, I’m pretty sure they thought my belly button was the baby when I was pregnant. (They were like 1 1/2 years old.) Anyway, James is often confused that the babies are not actually in my belly but a bit higher. Get my drift? ‘Cause there are two? Ahem. It is hilarious I cannot make myself type that word on the blog.
Doctor’s visit: I have my 16 week check up next week. My doc is out of town so I opted to see the doc that delivered Natalie. I’ve only met her the one time, but was very impressed with her over the course of those couple of hours. :) I’m looking forward to it!
Other thoughts: It’s happened so gradually, but I am feeling better than I was a few weeks ago. I am not sick ALL the time and I have brief periods where I even feel pretty great. Unfortunately they do not last long enough for me to actually accomplish anything of significance. :) I am really really looking forward to school being out and having my Joanna at home. She is such a help to me and the closest it gets sometimes to having a grown-up to talk to. I also will not have to pack lunches and take/pick up at annoying times. Ahhhh…
Baby-related projects:
- I have a big…well… mediumish furniture rearranging in the plans for this summer. We may very likely switch the girls from their trundle bed to the low loft/bunk from Ikea. It’s pretty inexpensive, and it looks like it would work well for our space. Either way, we’re going to move James in with the girls in his toddler bed. We’ll move the girls’ play kitchen out to the living room where the changing table is now. The changing table will go into James’ old room, which will be the nursery. We’ll do some finagling of the little furniture in there to get another crib in as well. My plan is for this to take place in June. I think it will be a good idea for the kids to get readjusted to sleeping in the same room over the summer. And I’m hoping I’ll feellike doing this in June. :)
No comments:
Post a Comment