Friday, May 31, 2013

16 1/2 week musings

Things are so different here at the end of the week than they were Monday and Tuesday that I just have to post!

Monday I had a really horrible headache all day. I'd had a constant headache for three weeks but this was the worst I think. I cried.
Then Tuesday morning my most amazing ObGyn told me about Excedrin Tension which contains acetaminophen and caffeine. IT HAS CHANGED MY LIFE. I took it at 1:00 on Tuesday and at 1:30 felt relief... for the first time in three weeks. Hallelujah!!
I still have headaches every day but now have something that will actually make me feel better for several hours. I'm trying to keep it at one dose a day since that is A LOT of caffeine. So far, so good!

Right now I'm eating a bacon, egg, and grilled onion sandwich that my momma made me that I would never have even been able to smell a few weeks ago. And I ate two of them yesterday. The hungry has come!! Now I just need to get back in the swing of cooking because I think I can! And apparently it is by cooking things that I will find them in my house to eat. I keep opening the fridge, hoping yummy (calorie dense, nutritious, full of fat) food will appear, but that hasn't worked yet. Though we have had quite a few meals provided by some amazing friends these last few weeks. Thank you thank you! You have kept my family alive!

As of Tuesday evening, I'm feeling the babies move like crazy. It is SO AMAZING to feel two babies move inside me. When I was listening to their heartbeats on Tuesday, I had this overwhelming feeling that the one on my left is a boy, and the one in my right is a girl. I wonder if I'm right?! I even find myself using gender pronouns this week. The girls correct me and say "or he." They're really paying attention!
The flip side to all this wonderful is just regular pregnancy gripes. I ache in weird places. I have zero energy. And I really feel like I could sleep about 15 hours at a time. :)
I'll take it though.

No comments:

Post a Comment