Wednesday, June 17, 2009

Hypothyroidism

It never occured to me I was sick. I was just tired (which it never occured to me was a symptom of anything) and getting tireder. Recently I've just been so lethargic. I can't keep up with my house and I don't want to. All I want to do is sit down and rest. It's all I can do to get myself up and my teeth brushed. I never wear make-up and I wear like the same 4 outfits over and over again (my girls do, too). The giant laundry pile is just getting gianter -- I have no energy to fold it and put it away. I'm never caught up with dishes; something is always dirty or drying or waiting to be handwashed. Papers are piled up waiting to be dealt with; coupons are uncut. But now I know why!! I'm not just incredibly lazy! I might be a little lazy, sure, but I'm really looking forward to this medicine kicking in. I will be so thankful and so excited if I really start having more energy and feeling less lethargic. I'll start taking the meds tomorrow morning (an hour BEFORE breakfast -- ick!) so time will tell.
I'm sure there are some cute pics of my kiddos on the camera -- I'll get them up soon, hopefully!

2 comments:

  1. Good!! I am so glad you are getting this taken care of. Your thyroid being off can effect SOOO many different things! You know, almost everyone in my family (on both sides) has either hypo or hyper. So, I have a feeling that I will be in your boat at some time. You will have to keep me updated.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm sorry you've felt so bad, but so happy that you've got some help. I know it stinks to take meds, but if they help you feel better, than they're so worth it! Theresa's right, it effects so much! Let us know how you feel!

    ReplyDelete