Friday, June 12, 2009

Old MacDonald Had a Farm...

Today we had a mini-vacation. Matt took the day off work, and we took the girls to Old MacDonald's Farm. We had so much fun! We were a little worried that we might not be able to go since Joanna was a little punk yesterday evening, but she didn't have a fever this morning. We decided we'd have more fun at the Farm than at home with a possibly sick girl. It could just be the heat getting to her or maybe some back teeth or a little cold. Not sure -- she was pretty Joanna-ish at the Farm. It really worked out perfectly that Matt was off today. I needed to have lab work done at my doctor's office (just routine -- nothing unusual!), so I was able to go ALONE! My doctor assured me they didn't mind if I brought my kids, but I sure had more fun with them at home, happy with Daddy!
Now for the first installment of our day:
Natalie's ready for her first trip to the farm. She's getting to do all these fun things much earlier than Joanna since she's got a big sister! Joanna thought the deer were pretty cool...
until it actually came to feeding them. Holding the food was one thing; actually letting them eat off her hand was something else entirely!
Joanna is a chicken. But not really! She's FEARLESS!
Hi little sheep!

She's been talking a lot lately about riding a horse. That's partly why we decided to hit OMF -- so she could ride a pony. She saw these birds and asked to ride them, too! She didn't ask to ride any of the other animals, just the little birds! She's funny, that one.
Hello, deer.
Lunch is very yummy. They have little pavilions everywhere with ceiling fans in them. It's really quite pleasant under the fan. I am SO not a outside/summer girl. I need A/C!!!
What could be better than a giant pile of dirt?!
That girl likes her sand, for sure.
We took a bath this afternoon, FYI.
She's looking at her knee. She fell and broke open a boo boo from last week. Poor Noodle-pie.
Stay tuned for pics of the pony rides and the train rides, as well as the fun treat we had this afternoon.

1 comment:

  1. So, remember when I was pregnant and out doing stuff and you commented that you didn't know how I was doing it. Well, as I read these Old MacDonald posts, I was sitting here thinking the same thing of you. Oh, how things change! What a great mommy you are to battle the heat and take the girls to do something so fun! The only thing I'd be up for right now is that Strawberry Snow Cone:)

    ReplyDelete