Sunday, November 1, 2009

At Halloween!

For days, Joanna's been talking about going "to Halloween" or "at Halloween." We're pretty sure she was thinking Halloween was a place. I guess it kind of was this year because we went over to our friends the Vandenberge's house for dinner and trick-or-treating!
Lisa fixed us a wonderful dinner that everybody ate (even Natalie!). Thanks, Vandenberges!!
After dinner, we got our 4 girls into their costumes. Joanna was a mommy this year, and I decided she could wear a little make-up (not that her mommy does) to make it extra special. She didn't have much on so it's hard to tell in the pics. She was very excited. Mommr and her little butterfly:

Me and the big girls:

Daddy the chauffeur :) The mommy and the Ladybug at home...
and trick-or-treating.
I guess I didn't get any pics of Emma as a bumble bee. She was soooo cute. We're pretty sure she could have trick-or-treated FOREVER. She wouldn't let go of her candy bucket either, even when it was pretty heavy.
Joanna got this bag of pretzels at one of the first stops and wouldn't let go for the longest time.
Natalie slept through the entire thing.
Tony and Lisa took a lot of pictures which I'm excited to see!
After we hit a few houses with the Vandenberges, we hopped in the car to visit Uncle Mark. He let Joanna hand out candy to the trick-or-treaters. She was very good at it!
Then we stopped by Mamma and Pop's house.
Natalie got some snuggles.
Joanna finally got to eat some candy!
Mamma and Pop's friend Glenda came over with goody bags for both girls. Thank you, Glenda! The girls love their babies, and Joanna has been all decked out in her "bling" today. Mamma and Pop also gave us, I mean the girls some goodies, too! I've decided that it's appropriate for me to eat Natalie's candy since that's surely the best way for her to enjoy it, right?
That is just cute.
"Joanna's" haul:
I will admit it; I'm not proud: I am a serious candy-holic lately. Joanna would be too, if I'd let her. She really turns into a maniac with high levels of sugar in her, so we've told her she may have one piece every day. (That is, until her mother eats it all.)
We had fun on the best candy holiday of the year.
:)
The best part was spending time with our family and friends.
I like them even more than chocolate.
:)
Really.

1 comment:

  1. I think that Joanna dressing up as a Mommy is about the cutest costume I've seen in a long time! They were both adorable and looked like fun times! Happy Halloween!

    ReplyDelete