Friday, March 5, 2010

Kind of a Low-Stress Day

First thing this morning I was able to drop off the girls at Lisa’s while I went for my first ultrasound.  Here’s our little kidney bean!  I saw it’s little heart beating, and it’s measuring just about what my due date says it should.  Everything down south looks good.  :)  And there’s just one little baby in there.  Phew.

P3051408

Then I joined the girls at Lisa’s for a little play day/birthday celebration for Miss Joanna.  Our friends Aidan and Seth were there, but I don’t think I managed to get pictures of them.  I think that’s because they weren’t as messy as the girls.  :)  P3051409

Look at the giant cupcake Lisa got for Joanna!  P3051412

The kiddos split it, of course, with a little piece left over for Matt. 

Joanna blew out the candle so quickly that I couldn’t catch a picture of it!  P3051415

Joanna was a fan. P3051417

A big fan.  So was Emma.

P3051420

Anna too.

 P3051421

P3051427 Joanna, in some of her new duds, had an Elmo book open to sing “Away in a Manger.”P3051429

There’s something I just love about this picture.P3051431

After play day, I managed to get a quick nap, which always makes me feel better.  Then my wonderful mother watched the girls for a bit while I drove to Humble for my lab work.  When I came home I managed to get the dishwasher loaded and a few toys picked up.  This place has been a total wreck lately due to my very tiredness, but it’s the tiniest bit better.

Then I did something that made me feel wonderful.  I went to Sonic and got dinner.  No plates, no napkins, no silverware.  Just food.  Greasy, warm, cooked by someone else.  I have been craving fries and onion rings forever.  This totally hit the spot.  We haven’t done fast food in months, but I think this was necessary for my sanity/mental health.  We’ve really been trying to not spend any money to eat out, even though we budget a little bit each week for “entertainment.”  My goal is always to put it into savings.  Matt’s goal is to eat it.  We attempt to compromise.  This little splurge tonight made everybody happy.  Joanna was so excited to get a hamuber and french fries and tater tots.  (Um, she had fruit earlier, I promise.)  :)

2 comments:

  1. haha, your sonic/greasy stuff comments make me laugh. Today at the zoo I took Josh potty, and while we were in there, I nearly threw up (was already feeling pretty awful) b/c of some SMELLS in there...we RAN out of there, but my stomach felt horribly unsettled until I got a whiff of the fast food eating place there at the zoo...combo of ketchup and burgers, i think it was, and totally made me feel better! Best I've felt all day! Had a sandwich already packed forlunch, which was still good, but man, that burger smell about did me in! It was so nice to not feel SICK at the smell of food! Pizza, unfortunately, has not been doing good things for me and Tiger, but I've been craving burgers for the last week! I think (if AJ ever comes back to the room...) we're going to Red Robin for some tonight! Yum...hope I ACTUALLY want them, and not just their smell...

    ReplyDelete
  2. oh, cute little kidney bean, btw!!

    ReplyDelete