Monday, October 11, 2010

39 Weeks

PA100201

38 weeks  6 days

How Your Baby’s Growing (from Babycenter.com):

Your baby's waiting to greet the world! He continues to build a layer of fat to help control his body temperature after birth, but it's likely he already measures about 20 inches and weighs a bit over 7 pounds, a mini watermelon. (Boys tend to be slightly heavier than girls.) The outer layers of his skin are sloughing off as new skin forms underneath.

How far along: 39 weeks

Pregnancy symptoms: Braxton Hicks, lower back pain, constant need to pee, heartburn, itchiness

Food Cravings: brownies, chewing ice, apples

Sleep: Mostly good, but a couple nights recently I was up for a while in the middle of the night.  That’s the worst!

Measurement: ?? inches around the belly, 197.5lbs

Movement: He hasn’t been super active the past couple of days – I think it’s getting tight in there.  The other night I was holding a sleeping Natalie on top of the belly, and Little Man was really kicking her – you could see her thigh move!

Labor signs: Well, my cervix is dilating and the head is down – that’s moving toward labor.  I also feel pressure just because he is head-down, and my lower back is constantly aching.

What I miss: snuggling my girls close to me

What I’m looking forward to: meeting my son!!

Milestone: Well, I passed up 10-10-10 as a birthday.  :)  Also, I’m 4cm dilated, which is what I was the last appointment before Joanna was born.  Here’s hoping it’s soon!

Thoughts from the Girls: They are excited!  Joanna knows the due date.  If you ask her when the baby will come, she says “October 18th.”  I asked her if he could come before then, but she’s pretty set on the 18th.  :)

Doctor’s visit: Matt and the girls and I went in for the 39 week visit this morning.  Baby’s HR was 145; my bp was good; my weight didn’t go up a ton.  I’m really hoping to deliver before I break 200lbs.  :)  I’m 4cm dilated, but for me that doesn’t really mean much!  My doc is on call on Friday and offered an induction, which of course I turned down.  I would really love for her to deliver him though!  Maybe he’ll be born on Friday naturally.  That would allow me to get through the work week, and 10-15-10 is a pretty cool date!  Everybody stayed in the room while Dr. Torres examined me.  Joanna asked a few questions but didn’t seem to weirded out by the situation. :)

Baby-related projects:

  • Keep the house picked up, dishes done, laundry done, diapers washed, etc.  Get it clean today!!
  • Pull the “newborn” gear from the attic: bathtub and bouncy seat.

No comments:

Post a Comment